Scared

Old November 5th 05, 01:17 AM
kraymer

Default Scared

My dog is 8 years old. He is a jack russel terrier and lately he has been
having problems defecating. When he defecate he strains and sometimes it
gets stuck. Its like he cant get it out. He ends up having a big mess on
himself and we have to end up washing it off. His nose is hot and seems
really sick. He has been on Petigree all his life but we recently got 2
new puppies (maltese) and the vets told us to swich them all on Natural
Balance because of food alergies. We mixed in a little at a time and he
ended up eating that. He has been fine for a while. I dont know why now
all of the sudden this is happening.

Old November 5th 05, 12:43 PM
buglady

"kraymer" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
My dog is 8 years old. He is a jack russel terrier and lately he has been
having problems defecating. When he defecate he strains and sometimes it
gets stuck. Its like he cant get it out. He ends up having a big mess on
himself

............are the stools really soft?

His nose is hot and seems
really sick. He has been on Petigree all his life but we recently got 2
new puppies (maltese) and the vets told us to swich them all on Natural
Balance because of food alergies.

............if he seems sick take him to the vet. The puppies may have
exposed him to something. If he was doing well on the other food, put him
back on it.

.............Are you having problems with allergies with the puppies? I
don't understand the vet's comment.

buglady
take out the dog before replying