Puppies

Old October 9th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

Default Puppies

I don't know if you guys remember, but my daughter next-door took in that
dog that someone dumped off here about 56 days ago. Well, she had an
appointment to have her spayed this morning. Turns out we are about to have
puppies. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Many of the people at
the spay place thought Kali looked somewhat like a Husky mix, and since
Drake, the CBR and only unfixed dog in the neighborhood we know of, the pups
could be his. Since my daughter has had kali, she hasn't been outside the
fenced in yard, and all our dogs are neutered, and all except Merlin, they
are female dogs anyway. So if those puppies come out looking a bit red and
curly, we shall know for sure.

We are planning on setting up one of our large crates in the infamous
garage. At least the litter of kittens that occupied the garage previously
is gone along with all the kitty odor they left behind.

Yes, we each *suspected*, saw things this past few days on Kali that we went
'hmmmm', but of course we tried to talk ourselves out of it, assuming since
none of us has ever actually *had* puppies, we probably are all wrong.
Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' no babies,
Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Robin did meet lots of nice people there, and somebody from a rescue in
another county *said* she could help out with food, worming stuff, and other
material things if Robin would agree to foster the pups until they are ready
to adopt, and then take them to adopt-a-thons at Pet Smart, and agree to
have people come to her house to view the mother and pups, etc.

td

P.S. Handsome Jack, since we suspect they might be mixed with CBR's, any
advice you might offer would also be appreciated. Kali is a small dog, I'd
say she couldn't weigh more than about 30 pounds. I can't remember what the
vet weighed her at when he was here, but I know we had to buy the heartworm
pills for *under* 50 pounds because all our other dogs are on the over 50
pounds ones.

Old October 9th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' no babies,
Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit and
read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

--
Janet Boss
Old October 9th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' no
babies, Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit and
read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

Paying special attention to diddy's Super Puppy journal website when that
comes up. I suspect that montana's going that extra mile (or three) had a
hand in the ultimate success of placing her puppies.

Tara
Old October 9th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

On 2007-10-09 10:55:03 -0400, "tiny dancer"

said:

Turns out we are about to have
puppies.

Oh.My.God.

Sounds AWFULLY familiar. We used a giant crate for a whelping box, but
it didn't have side rails on it. We went through a LOT of towels. We
had premie baby bottles and puppy formula at the ready - and you can
put some of that into the mama dog's food now.

If it's ok, I'll email you with some info.

When Kali starts pacing around and her temperature drops, she's going
to have her puppies SOON.

Please email away. You have my private email address, don't you??? Not
the tiny dancer one, I mean? If not, I'll get it to you ASAP.

td

Old October 9th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

Not realizing there already was a 'puppy' thread, I moved this one with a
different 'subject' line, cause this one shows up way at the bottom of my OE
reader. Sorry for the double posting.

td

.. .

Old October 9th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' no

babies,
Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit and
read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

Is that the name of the thread, montana's saga??

td

--
Janet Boss

Old October 9th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin' no
babies, Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit and
read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

Paying special attention to diddy's Super Puppy journal website when that
comes up. I suspect that montana's going that extra mile (or three) had a
hand in the ultimate success of placing her puppies.

Tara

The woman Robin met at the spay van who offered to help is apparently with
some rescue in Franklin county here. She said they would do background
checks and such on potential adoptee's. Since that's in the future, we
really haven't even begun to background check her or what ever organization
she is speaking for yet, but I guess that's something we ought to do too?

td

Old October 9th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Tara spoke these words of wisdom in
4.196:

Paying special attention to diddy's Super Puppy journal website when that
comes up. I suspect that montana's going that extra mile (or three) had a
hand in the ultimate success of placing her puppies.

Tara

Thank you.

And I do believe montana's extra mile(S) has contributed to the puppies
success. All puppies are STILL successful in their homes. As time marches
on, this becomes impressive. It's easy to home a cute little puppy. NOT so
easy to keep them in homes once they have lost their furball cuteness and
grown into awkward tweens.

Puppies at the chewing, barking harrassing, energy dynamo difficulty stages
tend to get dumped. ESPECIALLY mixed breeds. It's so rare that an entire
litter of mixed breeds are successful in their homes.

People who Breads their dawgs cuz it's nachral but it's ok, cuz we got RID
(what an awful attitude about a life) of dems, don't tend to follow up on
the results. All they care about is they got rid of them and it's not their
problem any more, and if they got money.. it's even better.

Montana did not breed these puppies, but she certainly did right by them.
And she does follow up on them. And she was 100% successful thus far in
placing them. Giving them a good foundation and early manners is so
critical, and I truly believe montana's hand was the reason for this very
rare success story.
Old October 9th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

On 2007-10-09 11:24:25 -0400, "tiny dancer"

said:

You have my private email address, don't you???

The one with 411 in it? Don't know if you still have mine?

Yeah, that's it. I'm not sure, I think I do because I usually save email
addys in my contact book there. Once you send me one though, I'll have it
for sure, but I think I do. Man, I really didn't think there would be so
much to all this. When Abby had Murphy and the siblings, she just had 'em
out in her filthy old dog house at the very back of the property, and that's
whre they stayed. That's why we took murphy at five weeks, so we could
bathe her, get all the fleas off of her, and worm her because her little
belly was fat with worms at the time. Plus we knew she was the pup we
wanted, we wanted her inside our house, warm, safe, clean, and took her to
the vet on Monday morning to be checked out.

td

Old October 9th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"tiny dancer" wrote in
:

"Tara" wrote in message
4.196...
Janet Boss wrote in

"tiny dancer" wrote:

Since we are all novices "but I don't know nuthin 'bout birthin'
no babies, Mizz Scarlett" any advice would be appreciated.

Google Montana's saga - a lot of good stuff there and you can sit
and read, and read, and read, and then - see adorable puppies!

Paying special attention to diddy's Super Puppy journal website when
that comes up. I suspect that montana's going that extra mile (or
three) had a hand in the ultimate success of placing her puppies.

Tara

The woman Robin met at the spay van who offered to help is apparently
with some rescue in Franklin county here. She said they would do
background checks and such on potential adoptee's. Since that's in
the future, we really haven't even begun to background check her or
what ever organization she is speaking for yet, but I guess that's
something we ought to do too?

No. Super Puppy has nothing to do with home selection.

Given your reply to me in another thread, I'm sadly less inclined to
help you. I'm sure someone will give you the details.

Tara