Peanut wants to ride in the car

Old November 11th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Peanut wants to ride in the car

Unfortunately, I don't have a car.

He's started stopping at almost every parked car on the street, trying
to stand up on his hind legs and touch the door with his front feet. If
there is a car with the door open he's like "Let's *go*!" which has led
to some embarrassing moments (although the people involved have mostly
just been amused). One night a couple of weeks ago while Michael was
walking him, he hopped into the back seat of a jeep. I'm afraid he's
going to trigger someone's car alarm, so I have to keep him well back
from the curb on our walks!

Luckily we are traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, so he will
get a nice long car ride then. Hopefully that will hold him for a while!
--
Kevin Michael Vail* * | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
* * * | than one closed by belief. * -- Gerry Spence
Old November 11th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
One night a couple of weeks ago while Michael was
walking him, he hopped into the back seat of a jeep.

If you *really* loved him, you'd go rent him a car and take him for a
ride.

Luckily we are traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, so he
will
get a nice long car ride then. Hopefully that will hold him for a
while!

Harriet is the first dog I've had who likes car rides. It's pretty
wonderful to have a go-er, isn't it?

--
Shelly

Old November 11th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nessa[_2_]

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:03:46 -0500, "Shelly"
wrote:

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
One night a couple of weeks ago while Michael was
walking him, he hopped into the back seat of a jeep.

If you *really* loved him, you'd go rent him a car and take him for a
ride.

yeah a BIG car. and a seat so he can see out the window!

Luckily we are traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, so he
will
get a nice long car ride then. Hopefully that will hold him for a
while!

Harriet is the first dog I've had who likes car rides. It's pretty
wonderful to have a go-er, isn't it?

Harley is the first dog I've had that does NOT like the car. and he
gets in easily he just pukes in the car....

Best Wishes,

Nessa
----
Dog Mom to:
Hannah age 6.5 Pitador rescued age 9 weeks
Harley age 10 months Landseer Newfoundland
(Angel) Bagel went to Rainbow Bridge 9/18/08 my Newfandstuff age 8.5
Old November 11th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message:

Unfortunately, I don't have a car.

Easily fixed. http://www.zipcar.com/find-cars/ Don't pretend you didn't
know. You just don't love poor Peanut enough.

One night a couple of weeks ago while Michael was
walking him, he hopped into the back seat of a jeep.

That sounds like Khan. Back in the day before we adopted him, a volunteer
(now a friend) would take him (and his brother/son) from the kennel to the
adoption day, to the dog park, and then back to the kennel. In her infinite
wisdom, she decided that slamming the door on the leashes would keep the
dogs in place and allow her to have her hands back so she could attend to
her shoes. The dogs took off running down the sidewalk. Luckily for
everyone, another volunteer happened to be driving by, opened the door, and
the two dogs hopped in like they do this sort of thing all the time. As
scared as he was of people, Khan would still get into cars driven by perfect
strangers.

Luckily we are traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, so he will
get a nice long car ride then. Hopefully that will hold him for a while!

Meanie! You're going to make him wait that long?

Suja

Old November 13th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Terri wrote:
Nessa wrote in
:

Harley is the first dog I've had that does NOT like the car. and he
gets in easily he just pukes in the car....

I've had one dog out of 6 who did that. Eventually, she grew out of it but
until then...
EWWWW! Puke City!

Scully used to get carsick on longer rides. Letting her sit up front
where she could see out helped a lot, especially if I turned the outside
air vents on high and cracked the window.

Old November 14th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
"Shelly" wrote:

"Kevin Michael Vail" wrote in message
One night a couple of weeks ago while Michael was
walking him, he hopped into the back seat of a jeep.

If you *really* loved him, you'd go rent him a car and take him for a
ride.

Well, that's exactly what I'm doing, at the end of the month!

Luckily we are traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving, so he
will get a nice long car ride then. Hopefully that will hold him
for a while!

Harriet is the first dog I've had who likes car rides. It's pretty
wonderful to have a go-er, isn't it?

I've never lived with a dog that *didn't* like to ride in the car...
--
Bright eyes/burning like fire, * * * * * | Kevin Michael Vail
Bright eyes/how can you close and fail?* |