Got Day

Old November 17th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Got Day

"Nessa" wrote in message

I cried. for a dog I never met. or owners I never met...

I think most of us have done that, especially when it's a dog you've
"seen" grow up, or one you know an owner is especially attached to.

--
Shelly

Old November 17th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Shelly" spoke these words of wisdom in news:gfrmsi
:

Last night, grey but sassy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/3036009724/

She got a new woobie yesterday, and I'm going to make her homemade
french fries tonight (sans ketchup). She loves them, and they're one of
the few treats she can have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/198394462/

And lastly, feet! A couple of months ago, those silky hairs between her
pads were stained deep red, from saliva. We have conquered the evil
demon foot chewing!

YAY!! What was it? What did you to do fix it?

Yay Woobies!

Happy GOT DAY Harriet!
Old November 17th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"diddy" none wrote in message
.. .

YAY!! What was it? What did you to do fix it?

Natural Balance Duck and potato food. I don't know if it was the
protien or the grain components previous foods that she was allergic to.
Or she may have multiple food allergies. At some point, it might be
worth tinkering, but for now, I'm being a total food fascist. She gets
her food and nothing else, except the odd plain potato treat.

The only problem is that the food makes her smell like hickory smoked
french fries. Yummy, but it makes me hungry. It's also kind of low in
calories and fat, which is a little concerning. She's eating almost 2x
what she did on other foods, and the output is about 2x as much, as
well. But those things weighed against the fact that she's not licking
her feet? No contest. I had resigned myself to the possibility that
she was just a nut case and was licking from OCD. Apparently she's not
as crazy as I thought!

Yay Woobies!

Happy GOT DAY Harriet!

Thank you! Her biggest present by far was not having to wear the Cone
of Shame today. She *hates* that thing, and I can't say that I blame
her.

--
Shelly

Old November 17th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Shelly" spoke these words of wisdom in news:gfs1qp
:

"diddy" none wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I would have thought she was out of it by now.

I also like the bite not collars REALLY well. Expensive, but makes for a
lot happier dog. They also have those inflateable pillow donut collars too.
Happier dogs is what it's all about.
Old November 17th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Shelly" wrote in message:

It's hard to believe, but it's been nine whole years. It was the
Wednesday before Thanksgiving 1999.

Oh goodness, has it been long?

A very happy got day to Ms. Brown. May she have many more.

Suja

Old November 17th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Shelly wrote:
It's hard to believe, but it's been nine whole years.

Happy Got Day, Harriet! And many more!

FurPaw

--
Why do people who embrace Social Darwinism object to teaching the
theory of evolution?

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old November 17th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..

I would have thought she was out of it by now.

She was. As soon as the stitches came out, she was out of the cone. I
put her back in it last Monday, because she'd started chewing her feet
again. That was due to a fungal infection, which is now under control.
She hasn't touched her feet since I took the cone off on Thursday.

She also has a yeast infection in her ears. I'm betting it's because
she's on antibiotics. She's hopefully got just one more week of them
left, at which point, the ear infection should quickly clear up.

I also like the bite not collars REALLY well. Expensive, but makes for
lot happier dog. They also have those inflateable pillow donut collars
too.
Happier dogs is what it's all about.

Inflatable wouldn't work, since she's scratching her ears a bit. I
couldn't find a bite-not collar locally, and am leery of trying to buy
one online, since I can't properly size it. Also, expensive! And since
I've already got a cone and it was only for a few days, I decided to use
what I had.

--
Shelly

Old November 17th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Suja" wrote in message

Oh goodness, has it been long?

Ha! Yes, it's been long. And short.

A very happy got day to Ms. Brown. May she have many more.

Thank you!

--
Shelly

Old November 17th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"FurPaw" wrote in message

Happy Got Day, Harriet! And many more!

Thanks!

--
Shelly

Old November 17th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_4_]

"Shelly" wrote in message
It's hard to believe, but it's been nine whole years.

The things you two have taught each other have been worth every minute. And
the laughs you have given each other, worth every second.

Happy Got Day Harriet, you're doin' it right!