Aunti Mabel and Cash

Old November 7th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Default Aunti Mabel and Cash

Guess I havent said much here lately.

All is well at Chez Shenks! Aunti Mabel's ears are clear of all
infection and have been for many months. Her cancer has not come back
and her eyes have stayed stable. Her arthritis which is treated with a
combination of powder glucosamine/chondritin and natural sources has
stayed below the level of needing any pain meds. She seems to do best
if she gets both sources so we continue that.

I asked the vet is there was anything to be done about her liking to
'poopy scoup' the yard for us and he laughed. At age 14 found pregnant
and obviously used as a breeder all her life, his only answer was 'get
there first'. Ok, I can live with that.

Post her dental that removed so many molars, she's not able to handle
raw chicken wings in comfort although she's delighted when we let her
try. We are grinding much of the 2 dogs meat and still feeding 1/2
blue wilderness kibble in the diet.

Cash is doing well too, sunning in the backyard right now with Aunti
Mabel. We dropped his weight down to 49 lbs preparing for the winter
weight gain and the vet said it was a bit too much drop so he's getting
extra treats until he hits 50lbs. Of course, he loves that!

Winter wood arrived and we have a sort of doggie fort out back right
now. We made a ramp upto a cross-layed pile with a little inside part
they can climb in, and put a bit of plywood ontop (foot safe scaling up
there and laying down etc for older dogs).

Our trainer still comes by every 2-3 months but now it's to tell us
which rest home needs a little lift. He's been teaching the 2 pooches
what we call 'cuteness drills' not that they needed much teaching!

Cash is particularily fond of older ladies and if they are petite, will
happily let them grab his harness and pull them around a bit for a
ride, which results in gales of laughter.

Aunti Mabel prefers the gentlemen and a quiet communion with her head
on their knee, eyes closed and ears as raised as a beagle can do with a
huge grin as they rub her head. As she scampers from one to another to
collect her due, they see her obvious age and arthritic hips but glee
in life. Very spirit lifting.

Old November 24th 11, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
cshenk

Alison wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

It's good to hear that all is well at Chez Shenks.

Yup!

Aunti Mabel is officially 15 as of today. She's jumping about like a
puppy at all the good smells of the turkey-day happenings (For those
not in the USA, this is our annnual Thanksgiving feast. Canada has one
like it a month or so earlier).

Old November 25th 11, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sonofdog

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:56:26 -0600, cshenk wrote:

Alison wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

It's good to hear that all is well at Chez Shenks.

Yup!

Aunti Mabel is officially 15 as of today. She's jumping about like a
puppy at all the good smells of the turkey-day happenings (For those not
in the USA, this is our annnual Thanksgiving feast. Canada has one like
it a month or so earlier).

congrats &

Happy Thanksgiving to you All ! ! !

Vet, Mabel Anne cshenk Dog health 14 January 9th 11 01:20 AM
Welcome Mabel Anne cshenk Dog behavior 117 December 13th 10 12:55 PM
Help specific to Mabel Anne cshenk Dog behavior 30 November 29th 10 02:34 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoTycoon Dog behavior 0 January 19th 05 01:26 AM
*CASH*CASH*CASH* NeoOne Dog behavior 0 January 10th 05 06:11 AM