I'm Used To.....

Old July 13th 12, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jo Wolf

Default I'm Used To.....

Huskies and Malamutes talking (the woo-woo thing), and Border Terriers
making conversation as adolescents, but lemme tell you about this
gorgeous Thai Ridgeback we've got in our basic obedience class. This
dog has an absolutely "foul mouth". No, he doesn't snarl and snap at
the other dogs or people, or lunge. He makes these snarky little
comments that come out as a short bass growl-hum.... mouth closed. You
know they're snarky because unless he's moving, he's up on his tiptoes
in "alert" mode.... He's an adolescent.....

Gorgeous dog, though. Medium size, built for speed and serious work....
but slim, wedge shaped head that's narrower and longer than an American
Pit Bull Terrier, maybe closer to a good Patterdale Terrier, lovely dark
pewter color. The young couple who have him imported him from
Thailand.... and have a 3 yo German Shepherd Dog bitch who keeps this
boy in his place at home.... His body reminds me of the Pharaoh Hounds
of about 25-ish years ago, just a bit heavier. The ridge doesn't have
the scrolls at the wider end like the Rhodesian Ridgeback.

I seriously would not like to meet this boy on a dark night without one
of his owners present and being friendly to me. I think I'd be in a
heap of trouble.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old July 14th 12, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius[_3_]

Jo Wolf wrote:

[...]

I think I would fall for him. He sounds gorgeous.