Sacramento, California Dog needs good, loving and ACTIVE home!

Old July 18th 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Kristen Miller

Default Sacramento, California Dog needs good, loving and ACTIVE home!

Addie is a beautiful 5 year old German Shorthair Pointer/Queensland Heeler mix with a short coat of fur and a loving face. My husband and I adopted her when she was 8 weeks old, but have recently had our first child and are unable to keep her as our pet. She is spayed and current on all of her shots and medication. She is both an indoor and outdoor dog with A LOT OF ENERGY!  She is a very protective dog, and thus takes a little bit of time to warm up to strangers, but once she does she is a very loving, playful dog. She has lived in our home with three cats, of whom she gets along well with all. However, she isn’t the type of dog that does well in a home with young children. Addie is best suited for a family/owner that can provide her an environment with a lot of high-energy activities (running, disc-golfing, hiking, etc.). She would also be wonderful in a hunting/ranching environment where she could run in open spaces and chase/herd other animals. If you are able to provide Addie with a good, loving home (and lots of outdoor & high-energy activities) please take the information below. Whoever ends up adopting her will get her dog bed, food/water dishes, toys, and a bag of food. Please only contact if you are serious about adopting her and are able to give her a good, loving home.