barking huskies!

Old July 19th 12, 08:57 AM
Askew Askew is offline
Banned

Default barking huskies!

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm sure that I'm at right place to discuss my problem. Actually I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual understanding with
each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They start barking badly
whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV.
What the suggestions to train them?
pomeranian diet

Last edited by Askew : July 21st 12 at 11:34 AM.
Old July 19th 12, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:57:37 +0000, Askew
wrote:

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm sure that I'm at right place to discuss my
problem. Actually I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual
understanding with
each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They start barking
badly
whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV.
What the suggestions to train them?

That's not strange, it's pretty normal for dogs to join in when they
hear dogs barking on TV (or radio, or whatever). Training dogs not to
bark isn't the easiest thing to do. If it bothers you that they bark
at dogs on TV, just turn the TV down and don't let them hear it.

Old July 19th 12, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sonofdog

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:57:37 +0000, Askew wrote:

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm sure that I'm at right place to discuss my
problem. Actually I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual
understanding with each other. But they are behaving in a strange way.
They start barking badly whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV.
What the suggestions to train them?

please search this website

http://www.clickersolutions.com/
Old July 23rd 12, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
canisfamiliaris

On 19 jul, 09:57, Askew wrote:
I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual understanding
with each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They start
barking badly whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV. What the
suggestions to train them?

As Sally says, it is normal for dogs to bark when they hear barking
dogs on TV. When you say 'badly', do you mean they just bark a lot, or
do they go into a wild frenzy? If they just bark for a short while, I
wouldn't worry, as Sally says, just control the TV (and don't let them
watch TV unless you are there).

However, dogs often react to other animals on TV the way they react to
them in real life, so how do they behave when a dog goes past their
territory? If your dogs over-react to dogs on TV and/or to dogs
passing by, I would practice calling them to you and getting them to
lie down, first with no distractions, (like a barking dog), and then
with distractions. Sometimes it can also help to say 'good dog' to to
a barking dog first, so they know that you have heard them, and they
don't need to shout, because barking is a way that dogs try to
communicate with humans, as well as to other dogs.

Alison in Spain
Old July 24th 12, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Syd M

On 7/19/2012 12:57 AM, Askew wrote:
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm sure that I'm at right place to discuss my
problem. Actually I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual
understanding with
each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They start barking
badly
whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV.
What the suggestions to train them?

Have you tried using a belt? A good whipping should do the trick
Old July 25th 12, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
William Clodius[_3_]

Syd M wrote:

On 7/19/2012 12:57 AM, Askew wrote:
Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm sure that I'm at right place to discuss my
problem. Actually I've 2 Siberian Huskies and they are have big mutual
understanding with
each other. But they are behaving in a strange way. They start barking
badly
whenever they hear the barking dogs at TV.
What the suggestions to train them?

Have you tried using a belt? A good whipping should do the trick

Too bad Syd is probably out of your reach.