My dogs butt still smells fishy, even 2 days after having her analglands expressed?!

Old April 6th 15, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default My dogs butt still smells fishy, even 2 days after having her analglands expressed?!

I adopted an english bulldog about 2 weeks ago. 5 days ago, her rear end started stinking really bad. This is the worst smell I have ever smelled! There was also a sticky, wax-like substance leaking out of her anus and sticking and hardening onto her tail. She has a docked tail, that is tight to her behind, and kind of curls to one side at the end. It was Easter long weekend, so it was impossible to get her into a vet, and I was not calling the Emergency number just for a smelly a-hole. After alot of googling and youtube tutorials, I gathered up the courage and expressed her anal glands internally. This process was actually quite simple, and she didn't even flinch. Definitely not worth the money or hour long drive to the vet. I was pretty confident that I got all of the fluid out, but it still stunk the next day. Today I re-tried to make sure I got everything; and nothing more came out. The smell has improved tremendously, but it does still stink if you go up to her butt area and sniff. Just wondering if there is anything else that could be the issue. Maybe some of the fluid is just stuck to her fur or internally. I did give her a bath. Also, any tips for preventing this in the future or is this a recurring thing? Any dog owners that have any tips for under the tail care? Thanks
Old June 12th 15, 12:52 PM posted to alt.online-service.webtv,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,uk.rec.driving
Colonel Edmund J. Burke

wrote in message

[...]

Er.............. Pardon me, but did you actually sniff yer dog's asshole?
What the **** is wrong with you anywho?
LOL

Mr. Fishy Fish Shelly Dog behavior 9 May 4th 07 11:49 PM
scooting after anal glands expressed? bean's mom Dog behavior 1 November 6th 04 06:33 AM
my dogs urine smells like skunk jasm Dog behavior 8 November 26th 03 06:49 AM
my dogs urine smells like skunk jasm Dog behavior 0 November 25th 03 01:20 AM
my dogs urine smells like skunk jasm Dog behavior 0 November 25th 03 01:20 AM