Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

Old June 4th 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]

Default Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

Toby was about 6 weeks old. I adopted him from a homeless guy who found him abandoned and could not take proper care of the little guy.

I had him for about over a week, fed him, played with him, he slept under my arm, on my chest, he even became best pals with Phoebe, my incredibly friendly Staffy.

I have more dogs in my backyard who I separate from Phoebe because she's bullied by them when she's outside. Yesterday morning I was about to take little Toby for his shots and decided I would also go and give the dogs food before so I opened the back door, though mindlessly I went to go get something out the car and came back and noticed Toby wasn't on my bed where I left him asleep and thought "he should be in the kitchen", i went to the kitchen whilst shouting his name as he usually would run to me if he heard my voice but nothing, no response was met and then I figured I'd go and check outside. I wasn't prepared for what was next, nor was it in anyway something that crossed my mind as even a possibility, what I saw was little Toby's lifeless body laying in the middle of my backyard. The puppy who was snug and warm under my blankets now a tiny, helpless cold corpse. My dog Riot had bitten him to death. Holes on the side of his body, blood smudged on his soft fur. I was absolutely enraged. I kicked Riot so hard that he ran away and began to bark at me as I've never reacted to him this way EVER. I stared at Toby's corpse wishing I could bring him back, I stared at his corpse wishing I could wake up and it was all a dream. Everything felt surreal and it still does. The little guy became my best friend. I would have him snug between my legs when I'm driving. I never even knew what breed he was and was excited to find out but now I never will. I wept like a child for the entire afternoon. I ended up beating Riot with a stick with complete murderous thoughts, I honestly hated him and honestly still do. You're not alone mate

--

Disclaimer - This e-mail is subject to UWC policies and e-mail
disclaimer published on our website at: