Labrador with terrible skin problem

Old June 11th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dushichka

Default Labrador with terrible skin problem

Well I would say that was spectacularly interesting-not.
I did not email you privately for just that reason -maybe if you really had
any helpful info you could let everyone know. I would not have asked for
help if I didn't need it.

"Kris L. Christine" wrote in
message ...

'Rocky[_2_ Wrote:
;349667']
Since no one has been able to help Dushichka, maybe your
information would be a good thing to share with the group
instead of going private.
QUOTE]

Okay, Matt, it's coming below and is quite a lot of information.

Kris

--
Kris L. Christine

Old June 12th 08, 04:57 AM
Kris L. Christine Kris L. Christine is offline
Senior Member

Location: The Rabies Challenge Fund

Dushichka,

You have a diagnosis of immune-mediated vasculitis (leishmaniasis is an infectious parasitic vasculitis) for which your dog was treated with antibiotics and prednisone -- you ask for help, so I post information from internationally recognized canine dermatologists with information on other possible causes and alternative courses of treatment (pentoxifylline) and you call it spectacularly uninteresting?

Though you dismiss anything of value in the posts, perhaps they will benefit someone else who has had a significant skin issue with their dog that has alluded diagnosis or not responded to a particular treatment.
Old June 12th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

Kris L. Christine
said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Though you dismiss anything of value in the posts, perhaps
they will benefit someone else who has had a significant
skin issue with their dog that has alluded diagnosis or not
responded to a particular treatment.

FWIW, your information didn't make it through to the text-only
news server that many of us use.

Old June 12th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Rocky wrote:

FWIW, your information didn't make it through to the text-only
news server that many of us use.

It didn't make it through the Motzarella server, either. I suspect
it was an attachment, which was most news servers strip.

--
Shelly
Old June 12th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dushichka

This is what I saw
'Rocky[_2_ Wrote:
;349667']
Since no one has been able to help Dushichka, maybe your information would
be a good thing to share with the group instead of going private.
QUOTE]

Okay, Matt, it's coming below and is quite a lot of information.

Kris

--
Kris L. Christine

Nothing else - apologies in that case, if you posted an attachment it
didn't;to come, how about a link?
I have been informed that the treatment is Glucantime with Allopurinol, or
Stormogyl20+Allopurinol, only the Allopurinol is available in my country,
with no hope of getting an import license for either.

Old June 18th 08, 08:12 PM
Kris L. Christine Kris L. Christine is offline
Senior Member

Location: The Rabies Challenge Fund

29th World Congress of the World Small Animal Veterinary Association October 6-9, 2004 Rhodes, Greece

Cutaneous Vasculitis and Vasculopathy - WSAVA 2004 Congress

Cutaneous Vasculitis and Vasculopathy
Verena K. Affolter
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis
Davis, CA, USA

World Small Animal Veterinary Association 2006 Congress

Ischemic Skin Disease - WSAVA 2006 Congress

Ischemic Skin Disease in the Dog
Peter J. Ihrke, VMD, DACVD
Professor of Dermatology, Chief, Dermatology Service, VMTH, Department of Medicine & Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA

Canine Leishmaniasis - WSAVA 2004 Congress
Ocular Manifestations of Canine Leishmaniasis Diagnosis and Treatment
Maurice Roze, DVM, DECVO

Canine Leismaniasis - WSAVA 2004 Congress
Management of the Canine Leishmaniasis in an Endemic Area
V. I. Kontos, DVM, PhD
Dept. of Veterinary Public Health, National School of Public Health

Immune-Mediated Disease - WSAVA 2004 Congress
Infectious Triggers of Immune-Mediated Disease
Michael J. Day, BSc, BVMS(Hons), PhD, FASM, DECVP, MRC Path, FRCVS
School of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol

Uveal Tract of the Eye - WSAVA 2004 Congress
Expression of CD4 (+) and CD8 (+) Cells in Uveal Tract of the Eye from Dogs Naturally Infected by Leishmania (L.) Chagasi

Anterior Uveitis - WSAVA 2004 Congress
Anterior Uveitis: Diagnosis and Treatment
Maurice Roze, DVM, DECVO
Ophthalmology Clinique Vétérinaire
Old June 19th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Dushichka

Thank you -I have already read all these! I very much appreciate your effort
to get them all together - unfortunately a lot of these treatment protocols
are no good for me, I am in Ireland and many of these drugs can only be
imported under license.Which have been applied for but not been granted. I
have managed to get in touch with a vet abroad (in Europe) and am trying to
get a friend to send me over something.....

"Kris L. Christine" wrote in
message ...

(http://tinyurl.com/4hklnj)

(http://tinyurl.com/3u95h4)