dry shampoo vs wet shampoo?

Old December 20th 04, 12:19 PM
Doug Lerner

Default dry shampoo vs wet shampoo?

Marshall Dermer wrote:

Also, I bought the "Spotless Paw" http://www.spotlesspaw.com/

It is not as good as washing but it is better than mere brushing!

That looks interesting. My dog loves massages. I'll have to see if I can
have one sent here.

doug

Old December 21st 04, 01:06 AM
Doug Lerner

fatbak wrote:
Doug Lerner wrote:

To be honest, giving my dog a regular shampoo with water is a
cumbersome nuisance, so I don't wash him as often as I would like to.
There is no hose attachment at the side of my house, so I have to run
a long hose from the kitchen through the house and out the side door.
Controlling water temperature is a problem.

I don't know if it would work for you, but we've got a hand-held shower
head, the kind with a shower massage, and it's great for washing Zoot in
the bathtub. We put a rubber mat in the bottom of the tub so she doesn't
slip (this simple thing made baths SO much less stressful!) and we use a
natural gentle dog shampoo (don't remember the brand offhand). The
hand-held shower head makes it eeeeeasy to rinse her and to control the
flow of water. They're not expensive at all - $20 - $30, as I recall.

Now of course, Zoot's 40 lbs, so getting her into the tub isn't a
problem. This might not work for a large dog. We've got a do-it-yourself
dog washing facility in town - they provide everything, you do the work
and pay according to weight. Perhaps there's something similar near you?

We wash Zoot a few times a year. Her face gets washed daily:
http://good-night-irene.com/images/s...udioPets03.jpg

Irene

Thanks for your note. Tao is 57 lbs, but liftable. I used to do him in
the bathroom, but the hair cleanup was such a trial! It may be my best
solution. I've never heard of a dog washing facility like that here,
though it is possible to have him washed in the local pet stores.
Expensive though - like $50!!!

doug
Old December 21st 04, 08:19 PM
fatbak

Doug Lerner wrote:
Thanks for your note. Tao is 57 lbs, but liftable. I used to do him in
the bathroom, but the hair cleanup was such a trial!

I hear that! We plan Zoot's baths for the day we plan to clean the
bathroom anyhow.

Good luck
Irene
Old December 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
Doug Lerner

fatbak wrote:
Doug Lerner wrote:

Thanks for your note. Tao is 57 lbs, but liftable. I used to do him in
the bathroom, but the hair cleanup was such a trial!

I hear that! We plan Zoot's baths for the day we plan to clean the
bathroom anyhow.

That would mean only washing Tao once every few years.

doug