rescued cocker spanial -- need quick advice

Old July 15th 03, 11:49 AM
culprit

Default rescued cocker spanial -- need quick advice

"Ethan Rosch" wrote in message
Ok .. did just take her out :-)

Got some dry dog food

Questions: This morning she did a #1, but not a #2 ... from this info can
it be determined at what time she is usually fed? Dogs are fed one time

per
day, correct? I would like to keep her schedule intact.

depends on the dog. with smaller dogs, i think people tend to feed multiple
times a day. i feed my two twice a day, once in the morning and once at
night.
dogs are a bit more adaptable to feeding change than cats are, so it's
probably not a big deal if you get it just right. besides, someone who
would tie their dog out in a park at midnight, might not care about proper
feeding schedules. :-)

sorry about the snippiness earlier, i had just started work. ugh.

-kelly

Old July 15th 03, 11:55 AM
Ethan Rosch

Thanks for the info (and the apology)

I got freaked out by the concept of "explosive diarrhea" and just want to
try to keep things, how should we say, regular!

We'll see about the abandoned part .. hopefully not.

yt,

Old July 15th 03, 02:26 PM
Suja

Ethan Rosch wrote:
We'll see about the abandoned part .. hopefully not.

You might want to call the SPCA to find out what your obligations are,
just in case. They should be able to tell you whether you should turn
the dog over to them and reclaim her once the mandatory holding period
is over. Most newspapers run free 'Found' ads, and you might want to do
that as well (NYT and Daily News should suffice).

If the dog looks well fed and groomed, she might have an owner who gives
a damn. Check all the vets in the immediate vicinity, as well as
groomers. Much luck finding her people, and let us know how it all
turns out.

Suja
Old July 15th 03, 05:20 PM
Brian Henderson

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:26:18 -0400, Suja
wrote:

You might want to call the SPCA to find out what your obligations are,
just in case. They should be able to tell you whether you should turn
the dog over to them and reclaim her once the mandatory holding period
is over. Most newspapers run free 'Found' ads, and you might want to do
that as well (NYT and Daily News should suffice).

Most shelters are going to *DEMAND* that you turn the animal over to
them. I found a dog wandering in my yard a couple years ago. It had
a tag so I called the local shelter and asked them to call the owner
so I could return it. They not only refused to do so, they threatened
to have the police come out and arrest me for keeping property that
didn't belong to me and take it themselves. I pointed out that it
didn't belong to them either and as they refused to either provide me
with information that the owner had *PAID* for, or contact the owner
themselves, I wasn't taking them too seriously.

After an hour of arguing with them, they did contact the owner who
lived just up the street and he came and got his dog.
Old July 16th 03, 12:03 AM
buglady

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
news
Most shelters are going to *DEMAND* that you turn the animal over to
them. I found a dog wandering in my yard a couple years ago. It had
a tag so I called the local shelter and asked them to call the owner
so I could return it. They not only refused to do so, they threatened
to have the police come out and arrest me for keeping property that
didn't belong to me and take it themselves

.........Hogwash. Where do you live? I sure as heck don't want to move
there! The shelters I've dealt with are happy to take tag numbers,
descriptions, and your name and phone. It's one more animal they don't have
to house. After all, if I wanted to keep a stray animal, I wouldn't call
anyone.

buglady
take out the dog before replying