bole elbows

Old July 3rd 03, 05:22 PM
Mark/Shell

Default bole elbows

Cheers, we always have plenty of E45 hanging around and similar stuff as my
daughter suffers from eczema. Doug is only 13months old so he's not an old
dog. As I said before they don't bother him, I'm sure he doesn't even know
they are there.

Shell
"Diana" wrote in message

"Mark/Shell" wrote in message

[..]
It's difficult to stop him laying down on either concrete or tarmac as

that
is what is outside our back door. He likes to lie there for hours on

end.
He
does lie in the "sphinx"position more often than not whereas my other

dog
lies more on his side. Do you suggest me rubbing a cream like e45 etc on

the
patches?

I had the same with my GSD ~ only when we adopted her she was pretty much
calloused all over from 'streetlife'. She too liked to lie on her elbows ~
though never on concrete unless we were out. Even though our house is

fully
carpeted it was still hard to avoid them but yes, Vaseline or E45 will

help
them keep soft. I also used aloe vera on them in the last year where her
mobility was getting harder and they got much worse as she moved to lay

down
more heavily, which healed any cuts very quickly.

Diana
--
My precious Stone: Once my rock, now my diamond in the sky.
The aad group web site: http://www.ourdogs.chilly-hippo.co.uk

Learn more about your pets: http://www.infopet.co.uk