Laser Toy

Old June 3rd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
[email protected]

Default Laser Toy

Hi

I was in PETCO the other day and they were selling laser pointers as
toys dogs, NOT a good thing: (
Laser lights make many dogs freak and these dogs get issues, and then
the dog is given up as nuts,and ends up at the pound or rescue.
It is very hard once a dog gets to be a light chaser or a shadow
chaser.to alter the behavior.
Problems also occur with dogs that have a low threshold to seizures
when laser lights are used
Cases of injury to eyes have been reported

Please contact on line or via phone PETCO to tell them to take this
"toy" off their shelves.
http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_c...-ftr-_-contact

Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy
Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy, the world's most powerful handheld red
laser shines a beam that will entertain your pets for hours. Just
shine in front of your pet and watch the reaction. Dogs love it.
Drives cats wild. Birds chase it. Reptiles are intrigued. And, even
fish are attracted to it.
Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy
2.5" Length Laser Pointer
SKU: 714208

Thanks for your help
WW

Old June 3rd 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
[email protected]

"toy" off their shelves.http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_c...px?cm_re=05180...

Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy
Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy, the world's most powerful handheld red
laser shines a beam that will entertain your pets for hours. Just
shine in front of your pet and watch the reaction. Dogs love it.
Drives cats wild. Birds chase it. Reptiles are intrigued. And, even
fish are attracted to it.
Miracle Beam Laser Pet Toy
2.5" Length Laser Pointer
SKU: 714208

Thanks for your help
WW

PS.
Feel free to forward this.
WW

Old June 3rd 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Judy

wrote in message
oups.com...
\
I was in PETCO the other day and they were selling laser pointers as
toys dogs, NOT a good thing: (
Laser lights make many dogs freak and these dogs get issues, and then
the dog is given up as nuts,and ends up at the pound or rescue.
It is very hard once a dog gets to be a light chaser or a shadow
chaser.to alter the behavior.
Problems also occur with dogs that have a low threshold to seizures
when laser lights are used
Cases of injury to eyes have been reported

I was in a store the other day and they were selling beer at beverages. NOT
a good thing. (
Beer makes many people act stupid and these people get issues and then they
end up in rehab.
It is very hard once a person gets to be a beer drinker to alter the
behavior.
Problems also occur with people who have a low threshold to addiction when
beer is consumed.
Cases of injury to themselves and to others (including DOGS) have been
reported.

Judy

Old June 3rd 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Judy

"diddy" wrote in message
Hey Judy, what you posted is true. Is this a public service announcement?

Dang, I forgot that statement at the bottom of the screen. But no, in spite
of an alcoholic father, I'm not fundamentally opposed to beer. Drunks, yes.
Drunk driving, yes.

Or are you opposed to warnings about Laser pointers and pets?

Heck no. I know some cats who absolutely love them. And with no problems.
Probably there are some dogs who would also enjoy playing with them. I'm in
favor of most any way that people can play with their dogs. I can't imagine
that laser pointers have any more inherent problems than the possible joint
injuries from throwing Frisbees!

I was at a garage sale yesterday where they were selling laser pointers.
When the saw the dogs in the car, they specifically encouraged me to buy a
Laser pointer, because my pet's toy box was incomplete without them.

Uh, I passed... my poor neglected "have not" dogs!

As are mine. So if they are so great, why were they selling them and
depriving their own dogs?

I wonder though. Sassy is terrified of thunderstorms - both the thunder and
the lightning. She gets nervous at channel changes on the TV or flashing
pictures. I wonder if a laser pointer would be a good conditioning tool for
her or if it would just terrify her more?

Oh, and the beer.. I'll
pass on the beer, but if you happen to have a wine cooler sitting
around...

Between my medications and my monthly liver tests for damage from
sarcoidosis and methotrexate treatment, I'll also have to pass on the beer.
I do really miss that glass of wine with dinner. And margaritas. I so miss
margaritas.

But I'm learning to almost like the Beck's non-alcoholic beer for an
occasional treat.

Judy

Old June 3rd 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
diddy

in thread : "Judy"
whittled the following words:

Dang, I forgot that statement at the bottom of the screen. But no, in
spite of an alcoholic father, I'm not fundamentally opposed to beer.
Drunks, yes. Drunk driving, yes.

Me too. Thanks for `splaining.

Or are you opposed to warnings about Laser pointers and pets?

Heck no. I know some cats who absolutely love them. And with no
problems. Probably there are some dogs who would also enjoy playing
with them. I'm in favor of most any way that people can play with
their dogs. I can't imagine that laser pointers have any more
inherent problems than the possible joint injuries from throwing
Frisbees!

Oh I wouldn't know about that. I occasionally toss a frisbee. But it's so
rare that my dogs will NEVER be frisbee champion challengers. They retrieve
it once or twice and decide if I keep throwing it away, it must not be
valuable and take the hint.

I was at a garage sale yesterday where they were selling laser
pointers. When the saw the dogs in the car, they specifically
encouraged me to buy a Laser pointer, because my pet's toy box was
incomplete without them.

Uh, I passed... my poor neglected "have not" dogs!

As are mine. So if they are so great, why were they selling them and
depriving their own dogs?

Oh they had BOXES of them. They were trying to share them with the world!
Spread the joy. They live in town and felt that was a GREAT way to exercise
their pets. (Obviously they are couch potato people) I feel my dogs are
adequately exercised and I don't think they need a laser pointer to become
fullfilled. If that is all their dog gets for exercise, I worry about their
dog. (Who lives permanently chained to it's dog house under the only tree
in the yard out by the street. --unless they have another inside dog) The
laser pointer probably IS the only exercise that poor thing gets. IF that!
It's not the laser pointer thing that has me worried about their dog. They
do spent a lot of time sitting out in the yard with their dog. There is
always a bench under the tree, and lawn chairs around the dog. In the
summer, that dog is surrounded by people. in the winter.. not so much.

I wonder though. Sassy is terrified of thunderstorms - both the
thunder and the lightning. She gets nervous at channel changes on the
TV or flashing pictures. I wonder if a laser pointer would be a good
conditioning tool for her or if it would just terrify her more?

I'd give it a try.
Sounds interesting. Let us know.

Oh, and the beer.. I'll
pass on the beer, but if you happen to have a wine cooler sitting
around...

Between my medications and my monthly liver tests for damage from
sarcoidosis and methotrexate treatment, I'll also have to pass on the
beer. I do really miss that glass of wine with dinner. And
margaritas. I so miss margaritas.

That bites. I rarely drink. I might have a glass of wine maybe twice a
month, and a Margerita (or two) when i go out to the Texas Roadhouse every
3-4 months. I adore Margueritas but if it were removed from my allowed
list, I probably would only notice when i went to the Texas Roadhouse.

But I'm learning to almost like the Beck's non-alcoholic beer for an
occasional treat.

Judy

I really don't like the taste of beer. I swig from my husband's bottle on a
hot day in the hayfield works for me, but I can't say I've ever drank an
entire bottle. In fact, I know i haven't