house breaking

Old November 3rd 03, 02:00 AM

Default house breaking

HELP.........
we have a 7 mo old beagel......will someoe please tell me the best
way to house break it........
thanks..........

Old November 3rd 03, 03:09 PM
Bichon.ca

Some helpful information at this URL:

http://Bichon.ca/cgi-bin/bichon/bich...num=1062201541

Brought to you by http://Bichon.ca/

Old November 3rd 03, 09:03 PM
Scott

wrote in message
HELP.........
we have a 7 mo old beagel......will someoe please tell me the best
way to house break it........
thanks..........

Two words. Crate Training.

It is not cruel and, done right, will make for a very happy pet and family.

Just search for those words on Google. I am certain you will find much more
than you could ever digest.

Scott

Old November 6th 03, 09:36 PM
nitrothugg

i just adopted a 3 month old beagle a week ago and the crate training thing
really helps and works.

we have limited the amount of time she has to "roam" around the house. we
play with her of course but she spends a lot of time in the crate. when we
first used the crate she whined but we kept reassurring her that the crate
was a good thing by ignoring her whines and petting her when she was calm.
when that was established, she ONLY whined when she has to use it.

its still a work in progress but the accidents in the house are almost nil.