Rut Ro

Old December 4th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

Default Rut Ro

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:57:29 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 11:24:15 -0500, montana wildhack
said:

We've got a lot of discussing to do...

The first puppy was just born...

I don't know nothing about birthing no puppies!!!!!!!

Uh oh. Isn't this pretty early? I don't, either, or I'd come and
help! Call your vet!

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:07:25 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 12:01:44 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

Call your vet!

I did!

They said that since we don't know how long she's been pregnant, and
since those babies are coming, that we just have to keep an eye on
things.

The first is out, washed and feeding. Lots of squeeking!

That's a good sign, that mom is doing what she's supposed to and pup
is feeding. Maybe pups aren't early after all. You got Neo in the
nick of time.

Gosh!

Indeed. How's Bella handling this?

Mustang Sally
Old December 4th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:56:11 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 12:13:06 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

pup
is feeding.

Not yet, but we're working on that. Vet said it might not be immediate
and... DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!

Heh. I'm sure that's the hardest part. All sorts of good thoughts,
white light, fingers toes and paws crossed, etc. from here to you for
the best possible outcome.

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:04:45 -0500, montana wildhack
wrote:

They told me not to worry if the milk isn't there right away and not to
worry for an hour?

Has it been an hour yet? She's a first-time mom, maybe that has
something to do with it.

I don't think these are preemies.

Probably not, but as long as she's having them, that's a good thing.
As Gomer Pyle would say, "surprise, surprise, surprise!".

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Tara

sighthounds & siberians wrote in
:

All sorts of good thoughts,
white light, fingers toes and paws crossed, etc. from here to you for
the best possible outcome.

Ditto here.

I'm going to be thinking about those little squeaks (and how little sleep
you'll be getting later) ALL DAY

Tara
Old December 4th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:18:51 -0500, montana wildhack

On 2006-12-04 13:11:52 -0500, sighthounds & siberians said:

Oh boy, all I want is valium right now.

I'd send you that too, if I had it! Too bad the vet can't prescribe
that for you!

Her temp was 98 degrees this morning and now that I think about it,
that would have been a big clue.

Sure, it would have been, if you'd known before this morning that she
was definitely pregnant. Then, if you'd had a chance to decide for
sure how you were going to proceed before puppies started bursting
forth, you could have done some research about what to watch for, and
you'd have found that temperature was one thing....Oh, well, good old
20/20 hindsight.

I really appreciate the cybe hand-holding. Both DH & I want to flee!

I can imagine. Too bad we can't all do cyber feeding or cleanup or
any of the other things you'll need. But really, if there is
anything I can do in real life, please let me know. I'm not that far
away, and I drive downtown 4 days a week.

Mustang Sally
Old December 4th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in

And we hated the office carpet anyway, so that's just
going to stay gross until we can move everything and take the
carpet up. Won't be soon...

This is kind of gruesome, but when Elliott died, he was vomiting
huge quantities of blood. I didn't think I'd ever get it out of my
carpet. I tried everything I could think of, and finally gave up,
assuming that the different products had set the stain. I covered
it up and forgot about it until *months* later, when I ran across a
bottle of Woolite Oxy Deep for carpets. That stuff is *magic*. I
saturated the stain with it, smooshed it around a bit, and blotted
it with an old towel. I think it might have taken two
applications, but the stain was *completely* removed.

I cannot recommend this product enough for removing blood and vomit
stains from carpet. It's cheap and not labor intensive to apply,
so it's well worth trying, even if you don't intend to keep the
carpet.

--
Shelly

Remember, the curly toed miracle keeps the flip flop on.
-- Eddie Izzard
Old December 4th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

montana wildhack wrote:
Oh yeah. I called a client and she accused me of "the dog ate my
homework" until I held the phone next to a puppy.

Now you have six little excuses, at least for a few weeks.

This is surely going to mess us up big time. But out of the frying pan,
into the fire...

I took Neo out to potty while DH changed the towels.

Now I guess we have to take them all to the vet tomorrow to make sure
everything's ok?

Again, I'm so not a puppy expert. But she didn't have any care
beforehand, so I'd say that would be a good idea. Vet can confirm that
there are no retained pups and have a look at Neo's nipples. She could
probably use some vitamins, too. Sounds like both she and you did a
great job, though.

Also, Nature's Miracle works for dried blood as well, though it's
better on smaller stains, in case you happen to have that around
already.

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

montana wildhack wrote:
Are the puppies in the office?

Yes, They're in a great big crate with cardboard and towels. DH did
bring her in, but Neo wasn't thrilled, so after a sniff, she went back
out.

I wouldn't bring Bella in now if I were you. Bitches that have just
whelped can be pretty touchy and protective with their people and with
dogs they know; Neo and Bella don't know each other nearly well enough
for Neo to trust her with her pups.

Mustang Sally

Old December 4th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Shelly

montana wildhack wrote in

We have some of the Oxy clean and it does wonders for light
carpets, but it does make them fade. This used to be a white
carpet six years ago.

This stuff is not the same as Oxy Clean. I think it works *much*
better (Oxy clean is one of the things I'd tried previous to
Woolite Oxy Deep), and found that it did not lighten or bleach the
carpet at all. However, at that point, I was willing to try
anything, as living with a giant blood stain in the middle of the
living room was a little distressing. A giant white spot or even a
hole in the carpet would've been preferable.

--
Shelly

What I tell you three times is true.
-- Lewis Carroll