IMPORTANT : BOYCOT PETFINDER

Old May 1st 12, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SAMMY DOG

Default IMPORTANT : BOYCOT PETFINDER

This is more sad news for animals. I have used the Petfinder site for
years to adopt dogs in and out. Went to petfinder.com today and clicked
on the Adoptable Pets Not In Shelters icon in the Classified section as
I have been looking for another dog or two for a year.
I got a page that read The Classifieds Section Is No Longer Available
!!!!. The page advised pet owners who have to surrender their pets to
put ads in the paper and hand out flyers !
Unfortunalely as I have Webtv and know little of its operations other
than to surf the net I cannot put up a page to advise animal lovers what
has happened. Someone needs to do this and get the word out to flood
Petfinder with emails that state that unless the classifieds are
restored people will not support the site and will not adopt from any
rescue on the site.
I would not believe anything, writen or said, from anyone at Petfinder
about why this happened. I suspect the rescues did not want competition
from the public at large. I was unable to post on the message boards and
probably no chance any anti-petfinder posts would be allowed. Anyway,
this needs immediate attention . SD

Old May 2nd 12, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Jo Wolf

Bear in mind that it was very easy to practice fraud in advertising
through that classified section!!!!!!! I understand from some other
rescue workers that this was becoming a greater and greater problem.
And it was expensive to operate.

Just be glad that petfinder remains active. It is a real lifesaver, and
for regional and national purebred rescues it is a critical tool.

I find your "reasons" to boycot to be less than convincing. Visit your
local/area shelters and independent rescue groups frequently and you'll
find excellent dogs. If you want a purebred dog, contact appropriate
purebred rescues. If you can't meet the adoption criteria, examine your
lifestyle and environment and see what changes you can make.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old May 3rd 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SAMMY DOG

spoken like a true rescue owner....petfinder is now a
lifetaker...expensive to run ? tough, fraud ? in the adoption of dogs
and cats , that's BS ....I could build a shelter if needed, one thing I
won't do is leave any rescue anything as now pet owners and pets are
left to fend for themselves. FYI : as stated elsewhere I'm not looking
for an excellent dog, and sure not from rescues which are little
fiefdoms run by people who like to control. I'm a chooser, not a begger
**** PETFINDER

Old May 3rd 12, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Jo Wolf

Yeh, I'd forgotten about that one until I read the reply to my note.
I'd hate to be such an unhappy person....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old May 3rd 12, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SSS DDD

every contact I've had with rescues in the last year has been negative,
pleanty of rescues in NJ, not interested in improving anyone's bottom
line from Best Friends to Good Dog.
Easy to see that here the focus is on the organization, mine's on the
animals.

Old May 3rd 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Jo Wolf

No, your interest is in yourself.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia, USA

Old May 4th 12, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SAMMY DOG

great logic, an example of the truth of the expression, " People will
believe what they want to believe ".

Old May 4th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
sonofdog

On Fri, 04 May 2012 12:30:53 -0400, SAMMY DOG wrote:

great logic, an example of the truth of the expression, " People will
believe what they want to believe ".

as long as they do not believe you they are safe

Old May 5th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SAMMY DOG

safe as a stray pitbull in Georgia, it's a world of knaves and fools.
btw I e mailed Petfinder twice and received two responses ( obviously
the site is not being flooded with mail about this ) . I was assured
that changes are being made that will help everyone ; when pressed I was
advised that the nature of such changes is hush hush.
One thing never changes : the 'bots being fuled by BS.