Broken Knee

Old August 26th 04, 12:04 AM
aussies rule

Default Broken Knee

Hi everyone,

Something bad happened to my dog. The area right under her knee is broken
:-(

The vet says that it is fixable but the surgery cost is anywhere between
1800 - 2400, or I could choose to amputate that leg of hers for $950 (which
I am not willing to). What type of surgery is this and they mentioned that
there are several types of surgery for this and I wasn't sure what they
talked about. They referred me to several other hospitals but has anyone
here happened to have experience this?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

-Worried one-

Old August 26th 04, 04:42 AM
Frank Morris

Howdy Worried One,
My male Saluki broke his front leg just above the wrist. My vet did
the Kershner(sp?=BF) procedure. 2 pins below the break in the bone and 2
above the break in the bone and all 4 pins attached to a metal plate
that is about an inch away from the bone. Surgery cost about $950 USD.
But with about 6 months of visits it ended up about $2500. My Guy is a
competitive runner and is completely healed and is running like nothing
happened. I just hope he can get through the running season healthy.
Hope everything turns out ok for you.

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Knee injury Erika Dog health 4 December 8th 03 06:57 AM
Knee injury Erika Dog health 0 December 7th 03 11:54 PM
Accident, Broken Hip, now Throwing up all food darrell graham Dog health 2 August 29th 03 03:32 AM
Accident, Broken Hip, now Throwing up all food darrell graham Dog health 0 August 29th 03 03:10 AM
Solo's broken tooth Melissa S. Frye Dog health 21 August 17th 03 10:46 AM