A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog health
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Concern about 'Performatrin' dog food

Old December 1st 17, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Concern about 'Performatrin' dog food

It was nice to read your insert. I have a mini shitzu, 13, who has been dealing with allergies, has had bad skin problems, yeast infections in her ears and I have had her on every food I could think of. Pulsar brand was one that I was going to try but it contains rice (if I'm not mistaken). I think she's allergic to rice, peas, as well as other starch foods,which would encourage yeast growth. Your story is giving me hope that I can find some relief for her, and me.
I live in Saskatoon and I have found this brand as well as other specialty brands at stores such as, Early's, and 'mom and pop' stores. The proteins are vast, such as most fishes, venison, kangaroo, duck, ...
Old June 2nd 18, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Well I just don't know anymore. My dog has been on Perforating a few months now and he is starting to pant alot. I thought since it's considered a premium food , blah ,blah, blah, a friend told me to go raw a few months ago. Two weeks of diarrhea later.....,I tried grain free but the stomach noise is too much. So I'm ready to try another food soon. It's just not right what there dog food manufacturers get away with.
Old December 24th 18, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, February 18, 2011 at 4:00:52 PM UTC-5, Bill Bell wrote:
My dog just got over a few weeks of kidney trouble. He was drinking large volumes of water, frequently urinating in large volumes and the specific gravity of his urine was measured to be 1.009. (I understand that normally it would be about 1.035.) Various tests for bacterial agents proved to be negative; it was unclear what might be causing his diabetes insipidus.

Because he was in 'stage 2' renal failure, however, our veterinary recommended that we switch to food that is low in protein and phosphorus to reduce the load on his kidneys. She supplied us with a quantity of prescription diet based on duck.

Within about a day my dog no longer displayed any heightened thirst or need for frequent urination. Beyond that, his specific gravity is now 1.027.

I mention all this because the main change we made was from 'Performatrin natural Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula Adult Nutrition' to a product from Medical.

Has anyone else happened to have had similar experience with a recent batch of this product from 'Performatrin'? It is labelled 11:55 BB 24/12/11 (which we take to be a 'best before' date).

Thank you.

My dog had Performatrin Senior and broke out in an allergic rash.Lost a lot of fur. Odds are there was Round up in the corn that was in it as well. Never again will I ever give that to a dog. The only other time he was ever sick was from Advantage multi. He is chemical sensitive. He only had about 10 pounds or maybe a bit more when he broke out all over.
Old December 25th 18, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
cshenk
external usenet poster

wrote:

On Friday, February 18, 2011 at 4:00:52 PM UTC-5, Bill Bell wrote:
My dog just got over a few weeks of kidney trouble. He was drinking
large volumes of water, frequently urinating in large volumes and
the specific gravity of his urine was measured to be 1.009. (I
understand that normally it would be about 1.035.) Various tests
for bacterial agents proved to be negative; it was unclear what
might be causing his diabetes insipidus.

Because he was in 'stage 2' renal failure, however, our veterinary
recommended that we switch to food that is low in protein and
phosphorus to reduce the load on his kidneys. She supplied us with
a quantity of prescription diet based on duck.

Within about a day my dog no longer displayed any heightened thirst
or need for frequent urination. Beyond that, his specific gravity
is now 1.027.

I mention all this because the main change we made was from
'Performatrin natural Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula Adult
Nutrition' to a product from Medical.

Has anyone else happened to have had similar experience with a
recent batch of this product from 'Performatrin'? It is labelled
11:55 BB 24/12/11 (which we take to be a 'best before' date).

Thank you.

My dog had Performatrin Senior and broke out in an allergic rash.Lost
a lot of fur. Odds are there was Round up in the corn that was in it
as well. Never again will I ever give that to a dog. The only other
time he was ever sick was from Advantage multi. He is chemical
sensitive. He only had about 10 pounds or maybe a bit more when he
broke out all over.

I've not used that one but it gets good reviews. Also seems recall
free.

Studies on renal diets seem to date back to rats in the 30's although
there may be some also in the 90's. Generally you want low phosphorous
which drives the low protien (meats are high phosphorous).

As to the round-up, I'd give that one a bypass but if you really think
that, look for an organic dog food. I've had a high-allergy dog here
(now RB age 20.5 estimated). Blue Buffalo limited diet helped her out.
Old July 22nd 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, February 18, 2011 at 3:00:52 PM UTC-6, Bill Bell wrote:
My dog just got over a few weeks of kidney trouble. He was drinking large volumes of water, frequently urinating in large volumes and the specific gravity of his urine was measured to be 1.009. (I understand that normally it would be about 1.035.) Various tests for bacterial agents proved to be negative; it was unclear what might be causing his diabetes insipidus.

Because he was in 'stage 2' renal failure, however, our veterinary recommended that we switch to food that is low in protein and phosphorus to reduce the load on his kidneys. She supplied us with a quantity of prescription diet based on duck.

Within about a day my dog no longer displayed any heightened thirst or need for frequent urination. Beyond that, his specific gravity is now 1.027.

I mention all this because the main change we made was from 'Performatrin natural Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula Adult Nutrition' to a product from Medical.

Has anyone else happened to have had similar experience with a recent batch of this product from 'Performatrin'? It is labelled 11:55 BB 24/12/11 (which we take to be a 'best before' date).

Thank you.