Puppy rescue - east central Florida

Old April 4th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Default Puppy rescue - east central Florida

My daughter has 6 puppies that were born in the crawl space under her house.
The mother either abandoned them or something happened to the mother as my
daughter hasn't seen her in a week. My daughter is a single, working mother
and can't keep and care for the puppies. Based on the mothers size, they
will be about the size of a Cocker Spaniel, have random black and white
markings and are 4 to 5 weeks old. She lives in Lake county and I live in
Orange county. Any information on where we could call to have them adopted
rather than turning them over to animal services??

Old April 5th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Steve McHaney wrote:

My daughter has 6 puppies that were born in the crawl space under her house.
The mother either abandoned them or something happened to the mother as my
daughter hasn't seen her in a week. My daughter is a single, working mother
and can't keep and care for the puppies. Based on the mothers size, they
will be about the size of a Cocker Spaniel, have random black and white
markings and are 4 to 5 weeks old. She lives in Lake county and I live in
Orange county. Any information on where we could call to have them adopted
rather than turning them over to animal services??

I do *not* know where your daughter can get someone to take the puppies.
However, she can feed them with warm goat's milk. Canned goat's milk
can be bought at most supermarkets. If you can *not* find a small baby
bottle, get a thin rubber glove and poke pin holes in the fingers.

Old April 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Hi. My name is Jenny and I live in Polk County. (Lakeland) Try the SPCA
http://www.lovemyspca.com
for help. Jeeze, I wish I could provide actual help, but perhaps they
can. Good luck.

Old April 9th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue

Bunny's PS to previous post: if you have access to a Nextel my # is
67585*1192785.