puppies for sale

Old April 16th 04, 05:22 AM
West Texas German Shepherds

Default puppies for sale

german shepherd puppies imported lines.4 males 2 females ready june 3
2004 working lines from v and va rated progeny.Belgium german lines
750.00 plus shipping and crate. http://community.webtv.net/samatha51
location odessa texas

http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!BE!63!F024E67AD9D6/samatha51/WESTTEXASGERMAN

Old April 16th 04, 05:29 PM

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:22:07 -0500 West Texas German Shepherds whittled these words:
german shepherd puppies imported lines.4 males 2 females ready june 3
2004 working lines from v and va rated progeny.Belgium german lines
750.00 plus shipping and crate. http://community.webtv.net/samatha51
location odessa texas

Wow, you have no confidence at all in the future health of your puppies.

"If this dog develops crippling hip dysplasia at anytime from purchase to
one year of age (confirmed by ex-rays from a competent licenced
veterinarian).The dog must be returned to us at the expense of the
buyer."

A one year "guarantee"? I know of pet shops that can do better than
that. You want the dog returned? So you are really making sure that no
one who actually cares about their dog will ask the "guarantee" to be
enforced. If the first puppy ends up crippled so young why on earth
would anyone want *another* puppy?

A responsible breeder of German Shepherd Dogs will provide a lot more
than that. First, at barest minimum the warranty would be for 24 months.
But most good breeders give it for much longer, many for the lifetime of
the dog. Second, all good breeders warranty on the diagnosis of hip
dysplasia, not whether the dog is actually crippled by it. Third, good
breeders do not require return of the dog. They will require (if they
have not already done so) that the dog be spayed or neutered.

"No futher guarantees are made or implied" Well, the warranty regarding
hip dysplasia will speak to people who haven't done their homework
regarding genetic health issues, but to the educated buyer it shouts that
here is a breeder who doesn't care about breeding for genetic health.
Because the educated buyer knows that there are other important health
issues in the breed. And responsible breeders know this as well and will
warranty against the conditions to the extent they are able. And they
will clarify the steps they have taken to reduce the risks, because
that's all any breeder can do.

At $750 these puppies are way overpriced. There is nothing on the
website to suggest the sire or dam have been tested for, or shown by any
objective standards to have the kinds of qualities one expects from a
well bred GSD. A little bite work, a bit of obedience, none of it being
proved up by showing any actual accomplishments in those areas. And the
empahsis on the puppies being "big" is pathetic. The GSD is not supposed
to be a "big" dog. Bigger is not better.

I'm amused and saddened by the addition of "AKC" to the sire and dam
names as if AKC were some kind of title, or some indication of quality.
Any educated puppy buyer knows that "AKC" is nothing more than a birth
certificate. AKC can and will register crippled dogs as easily as they
will healthy ones, and the same for good and poor breeding. AKC is a
pedigree registry, not a guarantor of health, fitness, temperament, nor
even consistency with breed quality and standards.

And no wonder the breeder has so little confidence in the health of his
puppies. The poor dam isn't even fully mature and she's already had a
litter. No responsible breeder would breed a GSD at less than 2 years of
age. And this one won't even be a one year old until Sunday.

Am I angry? You bet I am. I'm sick and tired of dogs dying because of
people who can't be bothered to learn. I just wish people would actually
get involved in rescuing their breed BEFORE they add more to the
population. Save some, learn how to stop the killing before putting more
puppies in that situation.

There are far more GSDs in shelters than GSD rescue can hope to save.
There is absolutely no reason to breed dogs with so little thought and
caring, and even less reason for anyone to encourage that kind of
breeding by buying such a carelessly bred puppy. Anyone who doesn't mind
breedings with so little behind it can easily get that same kind of puppy
from rescue, with just a tad of patience.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old April 16th 04, 07:05 PM
Sue

Check the pricing page Diane!

There will be six suckers somewhere who'll buy these ;o(
Sue

Old April 16th 04, 07:28 PM
Rocky

Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

At $750 these puppies are way overpriced.

But purchasers will be able to earn their money back; from the
pricing page: "NO LIMITED REGISTRATION AT ALL". I'm surprised
that the females aren't being sold for more.

Old April 16th 04, 08:00 PM
dask3eué

"West Texas German Shepherds" wrote in message
german shepherd puppies imported lines.4 males 2 females ready june 3
2004 working lines from v and va rated progeny.Belgium german lines
750.00 plus shipping and crate. http://community.webtv.net/samatha51
location odessa texas

http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!BE!63!F024E67AD9D6/samatha51/WESTTEXASGERMAN

my boyfriend has a petstore. his puppy mill breeder was shut down by the
authorities.. would you consider becoming his new supplier?

Old April 17th 04, 01:39 AM
Tattoo

The responses to a single email I sent regarding puppies for sale...

email #1

your opinion is well noted and I thank you for your imput,but I have my
reasons for doing what I did.i did improve the breed also this will be
the only breeding I will do for at least 2 years. my dogs wont end up in
rescue I can guarantee that. can you? Anyway again thank y ou for your
opinions and have a nice day.I spend more time with my dogs than most
people I care for their wellfare and well being and I dont do it for the
money do you regards

email #2 (apparently after rereading my original email and getting mad)

one question where is your location and what state are you in.for my own
personally information if you care to reveal it and your organization if
any. if you are a breeder your breed and years of expieerence

I did not take the time to fix any of her grammatical errors. Also, did any
notice that the male #3 photo and the picture labeled another female photo
are the same? I was raised with a GSD an he was simply the best dog I have
ever owned. Max was a black and tan, and was kind enough to give us all
sixteen years of his life. How anyone could simply see them as investments
is quite disturbing to me. I have been reading from this newsgroup for a
good while now and this bothered me too much to just read on past. Sorry if
I ramble.

Old April 25th 04, 08:42 PM

the thing that has ruined shepards is the need to lower the back end
which has lead to enourmous amount of hip problems in the breed just lok
at the dogs back end to see what i mean

Lynn K. wrote:

(West Texas German Shepherds) wrote in message ...

german shepherd puppies imported lines.4 males 2 females ready june 3
2004 working lines from v and va rated progeny.

Actually, those pedigrees are of high-lines (show), not working lines.
Plenty of good dogs behind this breeding, but why in the world did
you breed 2 unproven dogs, without breed surveys, that can't be SV
registered or compete in USA Schutzhund? It's a little disingenuous
for your contract to state that you don't guarantee the pups' show or
working careers without disclosing that they aren't eligible to
participate in the venues appropriate for their breeding.

I have to agree with Diane that these pups are over-priced because of
the unproven sire and dam, regardless of their lines. But I'm most
interested in your assertion that you can guarantee than none of the
pups will ever end up in rescue. How can you guarantee that? Our GSD
rescue has had Tyson-Witmer, Covy-Tucker Hills, etc. dogs - even ScH.
3 dogs and, yes, dogs that Bil Fleisher has imported or bred. What
are you doing to make such a guarantee that those people didn't do?
(fwiw, Diane has 2 rescued & neutered males. I think it's a pretty
safe bet that no puppy of hers will end up in rescue.)

Lynn K.

Old April 25th 04, 09:48 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:42:13 -0400 whittled
these words:

the thing that has ruined shepards is the need to lower the back end
which has lead to enourmous amount of hip problems in the breed just lok
at the dogs back end to see what i mean

If the theory is that a "straight back" is less likely to result in poor
hips then we should be able to predict the incidence of CHD based on
conformation. Well, let's give it a try.

Here are 12 breeds I've listed in reverse alphabetical order.
St. Bernard
Shih Tzu
Pug
Old English Sheepdog
Mastiff
Kuvasz
Golden Retriever
Giant Schnauzer
German Shepherd Dog
Chow Chow
Chesapeake Bay Retriever
Bullmastiff
American Bulldog

To test the theory we can try predicting the order in which the above dogs
appear in the CHD rankings, then compare our predictions to the actual
rankings.

What order did you apply to these breeds?

The actual rankings can be found at:
http://www.offa.org/hdstats.html

CHD is an important problem in the German Shepherd Dog (note the spelling
of Shepherd), but it is not the breed's most important problem, nor is the
GSD even among the top twenty dog breeds in terms of rate affected by the
problem. And while the conformation of the american show GSD has changed
over the years the rate of CHD in the breed has been declining. The rate
of incidence of CHD in a breed is most strongly related to the commitment
of breeders to reduce or eliminate it. And without in anyway minimizing
the heartbreak and distress the disorder can cause it is, at least, a
condition that is currently treatable in most cases. That is not to say
we should breed affected dogs. But I'd rather end up with a CHD GSD than
one with Degenerative Myelopathy, Perianal Fistulas or Megaesophagus.

The over empahsis of CHD to the exclusion of concern about other important
genetic health issues is a real problem for the breed.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/