UK: New Summary of DDA

Old June 22nd 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default UK: New Summary of DDA

The House of Commons' new summary of ‘dangerous dog’ legislation
http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN04348

Old June 22nd 11, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Too big for me to open on my wierd equipment. Can you hit some of the
high points?

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old June 22nd 11, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:01:57 -0400, (Jo Wolf) wrote:

Too big for me to open on my wierd equipment. Can you hit some of the
high points?

Maybe this will help, Jo:
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Ju...w/control-dogs

--
Dogman
Old June 22nd 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default New Summary of DDA

"Dogman" wrote in message

Maybe this will help, Jo:
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Ju...w/control-dogs

Unfortunately this still does not overturn the ban on the four breeds
considered dangerous in the 1991 legislation:

The following dog breeds are prohibited under the 1991 Act:
• the Pit Bull Terrier
• the Japanese tosa
• the Dogo Argentino
• the Fila Brasileiro

The article was interesting in that it showed various trends of bad human
behavior that has led to the unnecessary and ineffective sanctions against
responsible dog owners. There is a big problem of so-called "status dogs"
obtained and used by young male sociopaths for intimidation in the course of
their drug dealing and dog fighting enterprises.

There is a provision for individual dogs to be placed by the courts on an
exempted list. But that was apparently not done in the sad case of Lennox in
Ireland: http://youtu.be/gSlkMfSy1TM

Paul and Muttley
www.muttleydog.com