Vet trip

Old July 23rd 11, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Vet trip

On 7/22/2011 4:59 PM, cshenk wrote:
Char wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

On 7/21/2011 9:25 PM, cshenk wrote:
Grin, means she's not caught on yet that I adopt known medical
issues pets. Hence, you will see issues.

Another uniformed lie from the village idiot.

A little reality stance. Does anyone have a 14-15 year old dog who
doesn't have them?

Yeah, I had a dog that was 15 and she had no issues at all. Fell
asleep one night and passed on. Nobody could believe her age when I
told them because she acted like a much younger dog. Her muzzle was
white so she showed no grey that would indicate age. She died 2 years
ago and took colloidal silver every day in her drinking water like
all my pets do.

With the exception of CS, that was Sammy. He had arthritis but nothing
else.

Sammy wasn't a real dog. I don't think that counts.
Old July 23rd 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 7/22/2011 4:44 PM, cshenk wrote:
Char wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

On 7/21/2011 8:23 PM, cshenk wrote:
There is no doubt that CS before the advent of antibiotics was
somewhat more effective than other treatments (snake oil
salesmen and such) but the success rate is far lower than
modern medicines.
What fairytale did you pull that statement from?

Scientific studies. Antibiotics work with a much higher success
rate than CS.

Specifically what scientific studies? Back your crap up with proof
those studies exist. Something new for you I know but maybe you can
swing it. IOW stop talking out your ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

http://www.rxlist.com/colloidal_silv...upplements.htm

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...79-COLLOIDAL%2
0SILVER.aspx?activeIngredientId=779&activeIngredie ntName=COLLOIDAL%20SIL
VER

Conversely, you post things like this:

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/colloidal_silver.html

Hunt here for scientific study:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochrane_Collaboration

There are hundreds of others.

Old July 23rd 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

[...]

What, that he doesn't fit your profile since he was healthy until his
final fade at probably age 18? Not a problem with grains (aka, normal
dog). Kinda like Mikey, he'd eat anything.

Mabel doesnt show greying at the muzzle either because she's mostly
white on the face. She's not a purebred so is white, tan, black, and
there is significant silvery grey all through but that may be from
birth vs an age sign.

What Mabel has (and Sammy had) is that significant facial fat loss like
a very old horse gets. She's also got saggy skin on her lower belly,
presumably due to having been bred for over and over for her first 14
years.

Old July 23rd 11, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Huh. This is starting to sound like a version of that went-on-forever
argument that kept showing up on another r.p.dogs ng recently about
whether cattle are raised for 12 years for use in pet food...... This
gets nowhere...

Char, your gratuitous swearing and name-calling Really gets you nowhere,
except to demonstrate that you have a deficit of adult vocabulary, which
calls into question your high school grades.

Jo Wolf

Trip Preparation Suja Dog behavior 2 March 14th 08 09:04 PM
A Trip to the Vet Melinda Shore Dog behavior 1 December 24th 05 11:29 PM
[OT] - Road trip!! Marcel Beaudoin Dog behavior 30 October 22nd 04 11:39 PM
Trip report Julia Altshuler Dog behavior 48 September 20th 04 05:03 AM
Trip report Julia Altshuler Dog behavior 0 September 17th 04 06:04 PM