Should I euthanize my wonderful dog?

Old March 28th 05, 05:25 AM
diannes

Cin wrote:

I just got a cat from the RSPCA $110. People are still telling me i am
stupid for paying that for a cat.

When i sit down and explain that it costs over that to get a female desexed
they dont believe me.

Ask them to call their local hospital and ask them how much it would
cost for a woman to have a hysterectomy there. I doubt you will get
any estimate of less than $10K. A spay is an identical procedure to
a hysterectomy, maybe even a little more complicated due to the shape
of the uterus in dogs & cats - but costs less than 1% as much. Makes
you think, huh?

But then, I gather you know all this all already and it's just your
friends that need convincing :-).

Oh - and congrats on your new kitty, too!

Dianne
Old April 8th 05, 08:50 PM
Pete

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message
news:1111931368.851cd85aed694cf7f20c6d0f867831f5@t eranews...
They are a lot more expensive here in Canada. Over $200.

I see so many people come to the shelter and experience "sticker shock",
when they learn that adopting a dog costs $65 for males and $75 for
females--which pays for their neutering/spay. Yes, that's a lot of money
for most folks around here, but it's merely the beginning, the tip of
the iceberg. That is, if one provides proper care after the adoption.

In NEW YORK CITY you pay about $150 for a rescue dog. That's cheap since it
costs $400 for the neutering.

Old April 8th 05, 08:52 PM
Pete

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in message
news:1111968560.a14db20805c35ddd2c2d8ff00b5fedb5@t eranews...
If she has a tumour and is already not eating, she doesn't have quality of
life. How will she "feel" after surgery? Will she even make it through
surgery? How long will she live and with what quality if she has the
surgery? She won't know the difference if she is euthanized compared to
anaesthetized.

I think the consensus is to euthanize with dignity.