Balim barks

Old December 10th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus

Default Balim barks

Balim http://www.kanyak.com/balim.jpg is an English cocker spaniel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_cocker_spaniel

She joined this household just a year ago after being rescued from a pet
shop. She was 3-4 months old at the time. Balim (it means "My Honey" in
Turkish) does not bark. As a rule that is. If Something Extremely Important
comes up she will deign to "yip", thereby signifying the importance thereof.

This evening my wife was outside in the yard when a sudden violent storm
blew up. Impulsively she began collecting things to protect them. Among
these things were a number of wind roses that are set on stakes here and
there around the yard. Having gathered up a bunch she headed inside; except
to notice that Balim was sitting on something white in the grass and
*barking*. This was rather more than a "yip".

My wife went to investigate and found beneath Balim a part of one of the
wind roses that the wind had apparently blown off. My wife rewarded Balim
for her good behavior, picked up the part, and brought it into the house.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old December 10th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Opinicus" wrote in message
[...]

She looks like a very sweet dog. I guess she did her share of saving one of
the wind roses from blowing away. Nice work!
My neice has two English Cocker Spaniels. We receive a Christmas card each
year with their photo on it.