Puppy farm alert!

Old April 1st 04, 01:15 PM
Andrea

Default Puppy farm alert!

Things like this make me sooo mad! I think the lab pups look miserable.

http://www.wizardofclaws.com

Please do not buy! For reason see;
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff48397.htm

Andrea.

Old April 1st 04, 04:34 PM
Rocky

Rich said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

By "puppy farm" I guess you mean overly inbread dogs?

No, I don't believe that's what she meant. Did you follow the
links?

Old April 1st 04, 04:46 PM
Sue

A puppy farm is a place where puppies are produced as a cash crop - it can
be a mill or a dealer/broker.

The best way to stop them is educating potential owners but I never ceases
to amaze me how many people want to be conned ;o(

In the UK every publication carrying adverts for puppies has a note
advising purchasers to "see the puppy with it's mother" but still people buy
from dealers & then shout when they discover they've been sold a pup.
I looked at the links - the pups were ill bred & many looked poor.
IMPO anyone buying from that site is possibly too stupid to own a dog but it
is the poor puppies & their parents that suffer.

Sue

Old April 1st 04, 04:53 PM
KWBrown

"Rich" wrote in
m:

By "puppy farm" I guess you mean overly inbread dogs?

I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED!

Dogs in bread! What ever will they think of next?

Storm has things the right way around. She puts the bread in the dog.
Preferably when no-one is looking and some kid leaves a yummy yummy PB&J
half-eaten on the kitchen counter.
--
Kate, and Storm the Counter Surfer
Old April 1st 04, 05:34 PM
KWBrown

shelly wrote in
arble.net:

Kate, and Storm the Counter Surfer

harriet would like to know if They give awards for that sort
of thing.

Storm holds only a CS.

My Springer had a CSI, which requires that the dog demonstrate its ability
to go from floor to counter with a four-footed jump.

I understand that a dog can obtain a CSX, but only if it extracts the hot
dog buns from the bag and then replaces the bag in its original condition
on the counter with the twistie back on.

--
Kate
Old April 1st 04, 05:36 PM
Sue

Sorry,
This level requires the hot dogs be placed in the buns...

Sue

Old April 1st 04, 05:40 PM
J1Boss

I understand that a dog can obtain a CSX, but only if it extracts the hot
dog buns from the bag and then replaces the bag in its original condition
on the counter with the twistie back on.

--
Kate

I believe Lucy would come close to earning her CSX. Does removing a 6# frozen
lasagna, down from the counter (where it was in a grocery bag), into the living
room, tear strip on the box neatly removed, pan extracted, foil cover neatly
peeled back, and the corner eaten (lasagna-sicle!) count? How about extracting
individual pieces of grilled asparagus from a glass loaf pan on the counter,
without making a sound or moving the pan at all?

Granted, she's out of practice, as both of these happened early in her life
with us (1998), but still.........

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old April 1st 04, 06:26 PM
Suja

KWBrown wrote:

Storm holds only a CS.

Dang! My two won't ever get their CS. That's really pathetic,
considering that one of them can actually put her head on the counter,
negating any need for actually doing any jumping.

Suja

Is getting a Chihuahua puppy reasonable for me? Pyro Doug Dog breeds 0 March 28th 04 03:42 PM
New Puppy Questions (Shih Tsu) MikeTheBike9 Dog breeds 1 November 25th 03 12:18 AM
Puppy problem &michael Dog breeds 3 September 7th 03 08:45 AM
Problem with spayed puppy and un-neutered puppy. M&M Dog health 1 July 13th 03 01:13 AM
Adopted Golden Retriever puppy, worried about size queenmother Dog breeds 7 July 10th 03 02:47 AM