Dogs dogs dogs

Old April 8th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default Dogs dogs dogs

I do not care what Melinda or anyone else thinks. Today's economy has
hurt everyone. I built my lens to promote sites that offer free
advice, plans, training techniques, pics etc. to all the dog lovers
out there. And yes, I am a dog lover, and to the person that thinks
my dog's Lance and Sampson arent real...FU! They were a big part of
my family, and the pain is still raw! If you were true dog lover's,
you wouldnt be so insensitive. And Melinda, apparently after reading
numerous posts, your only reason for being here is to flame people.
Why are you in a dog website? Why not just go to craigslist's rant
and rave, you will fit in perfectly there!
Old April 8th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I do not care what Melinda or anyone else thinks. Today's economy has
hurt everyone.

No kidding. But the choice to lie was yours.

Old April 8th 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

--
* * *Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis -

* * * Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

How did I lie? If you were there to hear my dog Sampson sigh as he
gave his last breath of relief, to see my tears, you would back off
Old April 8th 09, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Paul E. Schoen

wrote in message
On Apr 7, 9:14 pm, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
I do not care what Melinda or anyone else thinks. Today's economy has
hurt everyone.

No kidding. But the choice to lie was yours.

How did I lie? If you were there to hear my dog Sampson sigh as he
gave his last breath of relief, to see my tears, you would back off

Melinda won't back off. She has accomplished her goal of making herself
feel better by making you feel worse. Some time ago she and her cronies
attacked a sensitive young woman who had various problems, and their
meanness caused her to lash out and then retreat into a shell, and she
suffered a major setback in her struggle with anorexia and bulemia. Her
only "crime" was a childlike exuberance and overuse of the word "huggles".

As I said, I'm sorry I offended you. But don't expect that from MS.

Paul and Muttley

Old April 8th 09, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

How did I lie? If you were there to hear my dog Sampson sigh as he
gave his last breath of relief, to see my tears, you would back off

Oh, no! Not a dead dog!!!!?!!! That makes it TOTALLY okay
to spam and lie about it!!!!!!

I'm sorry your dog died, but at least now you have a license
to do ANYTHING YOU WANT.

Old April 8th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mary Healey[_3_]

wrote:

I do not care what Melinda or anyone else thinks. Today's economy has
hurt everyone. I built my lens to promote sites that offer free
advice, plans, training techniques, pics etc. to all the dog lovers
out there.

Because everyone else is too stupid to Google, cut'n paste ? You say
you're new to the online community -- what makes you think that the
resources you've identified need to be compiled into one page, and that
nobody else has thought of it before? Pretty much, if a novice can find
it, so can everybody else.

And yes, I am a dog lover, and to the person that thinks
my dog's Lance and Sampson arent real...FU! They were a big part of
my family, and the pain is still raw!

Since this is the first mention of them I've seen, how was I to know?

Instead of directing me to some spammity-spam-spam site, why not use
your time here to post some stories about your dogs? What was Lance
like when he joined your family, and how did he change over the years?
How did he change YOU over the years?

What was the most destructive thing Sampson ever did? The sweetest?
The funniest?

Here, I'll start (although regular participants have heard my stories
over and over and over!):

Sam-I-Am was my first dog, if you don't count my childhood companion,
Sage. Sam, bless him, was the Energizer Bunny on meth. Exhausting just
to look at, and trying to keep up with his level of "busy" was a full-
time occupation. He was the first dog I raised from a puppy, and the
last. No way am I going to undergo THOSE first six months again, not
for love nor money. Sam had to biggest sticky-up ears, a narrow, pointy
face, and the sweetest disposition.

It's because of Sam I started taking dog-training classes. We took a
class every session for at least 3 years, and intermittently after that.
He learned quickly, and retained pretty much everything. It's because
of Sam that I joined my local AKC club (even though Sam himself was a
mix of ACD and "traveling salesman") and eventually started instructing
obedience classes.

True story. I signed up to take "basic beginner" obedience classes with
Sam when he was 6 months old. The first night, all the dogs were fitted
with chain collars. (FWIW, the club still offers training collars to
students, but we've really moved away from using them as a first-choice
collar.) The assistant took my whirling dervish dog, struggled to slip
a collar over his constantly moving head, and handed him back to me with
the comment, 'Oh, he's going to be FUN'

She was being sarcastic, but Sam really was a joy to train. He made me
think I was a very skilled and talented trainer, when it's more accurate
to say he was a very talented and dedicated trainee.

For an example of Sam's epic acts, Google "The Great Jalapeno Bread
Disaster" rec.equestrian 03-18-08 for a recent telling of the tale.

His sweetest, most tolerant behavior was when a neighbor's toddler
tripped and fell on him. Other than looking at me, eyebrows pleading
for rescue, he did nothing but lay perfectly still. I do not recommend
dropping toddlers on dogs as a means of testing temperament, but it's a
pretty good indicator when it happens by accident.

Sam died June 15, 2004, age 14.5, and that was awful. But the previous
14 years were pretty darned entertaing, and it's those years I choose to
remember. I've got about a million Sam stories. And Noah stories,
Ranger stories, Duke stories. I've got a dozen Caris stories, and I met
him less than a week ago. Tell us a story about your dogs.

If you were true dog lover's, you wouldnt be so insensitive.

Nonsense. Walking up to complete strangers and lecturing them on
subjects they're quite familiar with isn't the fastest way to make
friends and influence people.

--
Mary H. and the restored Ames National Zoo:
The Right Reverand Sir Edgar "Lucky" Pan-Waffles;
Old April 8th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

Mary Healey spoke these words of wisdom in
5.209:
Sam died June 15, 2004, age 14.5, and that was awful. But the previous
14 years were pretty darned entertaing, and it's those years I choose to
remember.

Sam died the day before Danny
Old April 8th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Mary Healey[_3_]

diddy none wrote in :

Mary Healey spoke these words of wisdom in
5.209:
Sam died June 15, 2004, age 14.5, and that was awful. But the
previous 14 years were pretty darned entertaing, and it's those years
I choose to remember.

Sam died the day before Danny

Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years. Seems like just last week Danny
was saving the world (and Sam was eating it!).

Old April 8th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

diddy none wrote in :

Mary Healey spoke these words of wisdom in
5.209:
Sam died June 15, 2004, age 14.5, and that was awful. But the
previous 14 years were pretty darned entertaing, and it's those years
I choose to remember.

Sam died the day before Danny

Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years. Seems like just last week

Danny
was saving the world (and Sam was eating it!).

I'm still waiting for Tuck to save the world. We train, and train, and
train.. and still waiting for mobilization.

But Tuck did do the first "normal" dog thing I've always heard about and
never seen in 57 years.

He buried a bone. The new ESS puppy keeps stealing Tuck's chewies. And
Tuck will not tell him , "no", so he continues to be raided by passive
consent.

Tuck, upset about this, took his bone (JumBone) outside, and completely
buried it.
I've never had a dog bury bones before. I thought it was a cliche that
never happened, really.

So which of your dog's is eating the world now?