What happened??

Old January 27th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default What happened??

I've been away for a while and came back to this. This group has gone
to hell in a hadbasket. ;-(

Kayla
Old January 27th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Kayla said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I've been away for a while and came back to this. This
group has gone to hell in a hadbasket. ;-(

You're welcome to contribute something positive or informative.

But, because you posted only to complain, it seems that you are
part of the problem.

Old January 28th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Sorry. I'm not complaining. I quit visiting this group when the
wizard started multiplying. I tried the filter but I realized I was
filtering good posts as well. I was just shocked that he has taken
over. I always appreciated the good feedback I got from the group but
I just couldn't handle the onslaught of his verbal rantings. I was
just hoping he would be gone.

Kayla

Old January 28th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Kayla said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I was just shocked that he has taken
over.

He hasn't taken over. If you have good advice to give,
anecdotal or not, it's welcome and encouraged.

Look at Howe as the bully in the schoolyard - more attention
spurs him on. Really: ignore Jerry Howe, he presents himself as
a sick individual and is best treated as such.

I always appreciated the good feedback I got from
the group but I just couldn't handle the onslaught of his
verbal rantings. I was just hoping he would be gone.

Killfile him. If your software doesn't do this, change your
software.

Old January 28th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:51:28 -0500, Kayla wrote:

... I was just shocked that he has taken over...

LOL! He has not taken over. In fact, most of us are not even aware of his presence--until
someone, such as yourself, makes mention of him.

Just as Matt suggested, a more powerful news reader might solve your problem.

You have to love the sound of the line, more than you love the sound of your own drum.--Drumline
Old January 28th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Kayla said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I tried the filter but I realized I was
filtering good posts as well.

You're using Agent, which is a good newsreader.

shelly, tell Kayla how to KF with Agent. Thankyouverymuch.

Old January 28th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 28 Jan 2006 19:10:06 GMT, Rocky wrote:

You're using Agent, which is a good newsreader.

shelly, tell Kayla how to KF with Agent. Thankyouverymuch.

yessir!

for Youknowwho, a straightforward plonking-on-name works quite well.

in the message list pane, right click on the offensive post.

Filter -- New Kill Filter

under "Filter Expression" click the "Paste Author" box. that will
automagically insert the author's info, so you don't have to key it by
hand.

under "Kill Action" click the radio button next to "Delete."

under "Scope" click the radio button next to "Global."

under "Priority" i recommend leaving it at 400. i would not put in an
expiration period, as his spewage is something i don't ever want to see.

click okay. Agent will search for matching posts, and a dialog box will
come up telling you how many it found, and asking you if you want it to
delete them. click "Yes" and Bob's your uncle.

http://www.cat-sidh.net

Her serious lack of manners, and absence of caps does not lead to
criticism.
-- diddy