neighbors' barking dogs

Old February 27th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default neighbors' barking dogs

Hi,
I need some help. Our neighbors' two boxers have been barking off and on
for over 4 years. Sometimes it's only for a few minutes, other times it's
several hours. Last night it went on from 11:30 pm-12:15 am. My 12-year
old daughter came out of her bedroom and complained because she couldn't
sleep. We have tried talking to them, called Animal control, who will send
them a letter, kept a log, and called the police. It seems that nothing
ever stops the behavior. Any suggestions?

Sleepless in NE

Old February 27th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Poisoned bait?
Move to a new neighborhood?

HAR!!

If you have exhausted the legal channels, you have some decisions to make.
w robb

Old March 2nd 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:01:36 GMT Mommio whittled these words:
Hi,
I need some help. Our neighbors' two boxers have been barking off and on
for over 4 years. Sometimes it's only for a few minutes, other times it's
several hours. Last night it went on from 11:30 pm-12:15 am. My 12-year
old daughter came out of her bedroom and complained because she couldn't
sleep. We have tried talking to them, called Animal control, who will send
them a letter, kept a log, and called the police. It seems that nothing
ever stops the behavior. Any suggestions?

Grrr - I hate irresponsible dog owners.

http://www.tenant.net/Court/nolo/nn167.html
The National Association for Community Mediation
http://www.nafcm.org/ 202 667-9700

Barking Dogs: Legal Ways to Stop the Noise
from Nolo press http://www.nolo.com

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old March 4th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Mommio" wrote in message
Hi,
I need some help. Our neighbors' two boxers have been barking off and on
for over 4 years. Sometimes it's only for a few minutes, other times it's
several hours. Last night it went on from 11:30 pm-12:15 am. My 12-year
old daughter came out of her bedroom and complained because she couldn't
sleep. We have tried talking to them, called Animal control, who will
send
them a letter, kept a log, and called the police. It seems that nothing
ever stops the behavior. Any suggestions?

Sleepless in NE

ear plugs.

my neighbor breeds beagles and has at least 20 of them. they sleep outside
in cages with see-thru cages. I live in the country and there are always
things to bark at. I would glady trade neighbors with you

Old March 5th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

i got a good suggestion,

use one of those sprinklers that only turn on when the dog barks.

can you imagine the look on this boxers face everytime it barks now, its
face straight towards the neighbors, then an automatic ducking motion from
the spray of water, then you got the habit broken, the dog will no longer
want to bark, cause theres a threat of getting wet. if anything, it
startles it.

Old March 5th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

besides, i have talked to my neighbors barking dogs in an agressive way, i
went up to the fence one day and dumped a bucket of water on it, it was a
little freaked everytime it was me for the next few weeks, until i did it
again, then it shut the hell up when i said so, again, its that dominance
thing, a dog will do what it can when it can, it needs somebody to respect,
if it doesnt have sdomebody, why nto make that somebody you, couldnt you use
a little control over the barking monger?

Old March 18th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.animals.dog,alt.pets.dogs.labrador,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"papawlowski" a écrit dans le message de news:
J HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DOG AND J TRY TO MODIFIE HIS WAY TO LIVE
cut

Do you think it useful to quote
the whole b*llsh*t from the m*r*n ?
Kind greetings from Belgium (Europe).