I Never Got To Say Goodbye.

Old June 26th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

Default I Never Got To Say Goodbye.

I lost my beloved Minnie yesterday. For all who are interested, I am
going to write a goodbye to my baby. Minnie was a Dachshund and was
12 1/2 years old and died of congestive heart failure. I never even
knew she was sick until I took her into the doctor yesterday. She
could no longer breathe on her own and died before her mother could
get there so Minnie could go die peacefully in loving arms. The vet
said that pets are very good at masking health problems and that even
if I got her into the vet earlier it would not have made a difference
either way.

I got Minnie in 1996 as a companion to her brother Jake, another
dachshund. The 2 were inseperable for all of their lives and spent
virtually every second of their time together. While Jake is very
mild-mannered and well behaved in every sense of the word, Minnie was
your stereotypical stubborn Dachshund. Even until the end we were
still butting heads on things! I let her get the best of me a lot of
times and I do regret getting upset with her and realize that I should
have been the "adult" in those situations. I guess in a lot of ways
we were both similar. Two high-strung types who want to get THEIR
way! I have learned a lot from Minnie and will always remember the
lessons that she taught me.

Above else Minnie loved to play. Whether it be chasing balls, chewing
nylabones, retrieving, etc., she was a natural born athlete. Even in
her later stages in life she could still play with the best of them
and loved nothing better than to have me throw the ball to her in the
living room when I got home from work when she was all wound up and
excited that I was home. Another thing about Minnie is that she
always knew what kind of mood I was in and was almost human-like in
her ability to sense everything around her and what was being said.

I miss her more than words can say and especially just the little
things that she would do in our normal day to day existence. You
never know how much you will miss them until they are gone and by then
it is too late to really soak everything in. Her mother and I buried
her in my backyard and we are going to plant some nice flowers on top
of her site as a memorial to her. I still have Jake and even though
he is close to 15 years old, diabetic, has trouble walking, and has
more than a touch of senility, he enjoys nothing more than being
petted and sitting on my lap. To him that is the greatest honor.

Even though I never got to say goodbye to Minnie, I left her to the
trust of the good people of the Moreland Vet hospital in Portland, Or.
who did the best that they could do. I hope Minnie realizes that I
will always love her and that I am sorry I could not be there when she
went. She is in good hands now.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i1f9tf&s=3
Old June 26th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

spoke these words of wisdom in news:25cafa80-fa5f-4420-
:
please accept my condolences and godspeed Minnie

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i1f9tf&s=3

Old June 26th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
montana wildhack

On 2008-06-26 13:30:51 -0400, said:

I hope Minnie realizes that I
will always love her

She knows. She has always known and will always know that you loved
her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old June 26th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

I'm sorry about your Minnie. Hold the happy memories close to your heart.

-Sharon

--
*The first casualty of war is always truth*

Old June 27th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I lost my beloved Minnie yesterday.

You wrote a wonderful tribute.

Old June 27th 08, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

On Jun 26, 5:40*pm, elegy wrote:

That was a beautiful piece of writing. I had never seen that before.
Thanks to all who replied with words of kindness.

JM
Old June 28th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Salamander

I lost my own Minny in 2002.
It nearly killed me.

Here is her grave where she lies but a few feet from where she always laid
beside me on the sofa.

http://ibizan-hound.com/minnyspot.jpg

Some holes can never be filled.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Old June 29th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.med.veterinary,alt.support.grief.pet-loss
Bad Puppy

Default Here's HOWE COME you chronic manic depressives "GRIEVE": Was: I Never Got To Say Goodbye.

HOWEDY jakeminnie,

wrote in message

Welcome to The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing, Majestic Grand Master Puppy, Child,
Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES, And Horsey
Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Training Method
Manual Forums And Human And Animal Behavior Forensic
Sciences Research Laboratory.

I'm Jerry Howe, The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing, Majestic Grand Master
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey,
SpHOWES, And Horsey Wizard, Director Of
Trainin an Research {}: ~ )

Here's your own FREE COPY of The Sincerely Incredibly
Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing, Majestic Grand Master
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES,
And Horsey Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End
Training Method Manual:
http://www.freewebs.com/thesimplyama...sendmanual.htm

The actual INSTRUCTION begins on the third page "*777*
Wits' End Method", abHOWET 1/4 down the page starting
with "Here's ALL the INFORMATION you NEED" and my
phone # and instructions to CALL ANY TIME.

There you will find ALL the FREE information you need
to pupperly handle raise and train your pets and family.
Just follow the instructions PRECISELY and ASK me if
you need any additional FREE HEELP {}': ~ )

I lost my beloved Minnie yesterday.

Speakin for the entire forum, we're ALL VERY SORRY
for your loss. HOWEver, your post is OFF TOPIC here.
This is the HEELTH forum, not alt.support.grief.pet-loss.

For all who are interested, I am going to write a goodbye to my baby.

I suggest you write Google and CANCELL your post and the
entire thread and re open it on the aformentioned apupriate
forum where it will receive the apupriate attention from the
grief SALES staff: ed w. of PETLOSS.COIN, lighteningstrike
and noonekatnick, the pathetic miserable stinkin rotten lyin
animal murderin life long incurable manic depressives who
CASH IN on YOUR grief.

Minnie was a Dachshund and was 12 1/2 years old and
died of congestive heart failure. I never even knew she
was sick until I took her into the doctor yesterday.

Yeah. That'll happen occasionally.

She could no longer breathe on her own and died before her
mother could get there so Minnie could go die peacefully in
loving arms.

That so?

The vet said that pets are very good at masking health problems

That's ONLY true of FEARFUL, ABUSED animals.

and that even if I got her into the vet earlier it
would not have made a difference either way.

That so? Not much of a veterinarian, is he?

I got Minnie in 1996 as a companion to her brother Jake, another
dachshund. The 2 were inseperable for all of their lives and spent
virtually every second of their time together. While Jake is very
mild-mannered and well behaved in every sense of the word,

You mean he RESPECTS your G-D Like AUTHORITY.

IOW, he's AFRAID of you.

Minnie was your stereotypical stubborn Dachshund.

That so?

Even until the end we were still butting heads on things!

Naaaah?

I let her get the best of me a lot of times and I do regret getting
upset with her and realize that I should have been the "adult" in
those situations.

An then you WONder HOWE COME your dog
wouldn't TELL you she was DEATHLY ILL??

I guess in a lot of ways we were both similar.

You mean you was both bitches?

Two high-strung types who want to get THEIR way!

INDEED? That's QUEER here, AIN'T IT??

I have learned a lot from Minnie and will always
remember the lessons that she taught me.

You mean you learned not to abuse and intimidate your dog?

WHAT CHANGED??

Above else Minnie loved to play. Whether it be chasing balls,
chewing nylabones, retrieving, etc., she was a natural born athlete.
Even in her later stages in life she could still play with the best of
them and loved nothing better than to have me throw the ball to her
in the living room when I got home from work when she was all
wound up and excited that I was home.

Dogs usually show EXXXTREME anXXXIHOWESNESS
on their ABUSER'S RETURN to their HOWES {}: ~ (

Another thing about Minnie is that she always knew what kind
of mood I was in and was almost human-like in her ability to
sense everything around her and what was being said.

INDEED? Yet you COULDN'T TRAIN HER?

I miss her more than words can say and especially just the little
things that she would do in our normal day to day existence. You
never know how much you will miss them until they are gone and
by then it is too late to really soak everything in. Her mother and I
buried her in my backyard and we are going to plant some nice
flowers on top of her site as a memorial to her.

That's kindly of you.

I still have Jake and even though he is close to 15 years old,
diabetic, has trouble walking, and has more than a touch of
senility, he enjoys nothing more than being petted and sitting
on my lap. To him that is the greatest honor.

Of curse.

Even though I never got to say goodbye to Minnie, I left her to the
trust of the good people of the Moreland Vet hospital in Portland,
Or. who did the best that they could do. I hope Minnie realizes
that I will always love her and that I am sorry I could not be there
when she went. She is in good hands now.

You mean, in G-D'S hands? That's laughable, here.

Here's HOWE COME you chronic manic depressives "GRIEVE":

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi...008/627/1?etoc
Why It's Hard to Say Goodbye
By Andrea Lu
ScienceNOW Daily News

With all the heartache it causes, why do some people have so much trouble
letting go of their grief? In an ironic twist, new research shows that the
brain's pleasure center may be to blame.
Most people, when confronted with the death of a loved one, mourn intensely
for a few weeks or months and then gradually manage to move on. A small
percentage, however, become debilitated by the loss and can't resume their
normal lives; they experience what psychologists call complicated grief.
Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), which measures blood flow to
various parts of the brain, has shown that grief activates regions of the
brain associated with processing pain. However, no study had yet observed
what happens in the brain during complicated grief.

In the new work, which will be published in the 15 August issue of
NeuroImage, researchers led by clinical psychologist Mary-Frances O'Connor
of the University of California, Los Angeles, looked at 23 women who had
lost a mother or sister to breast cancer within the past 5 years. Based on a
clinical assessment, the researchers divided the women into complicated and
noncomplicated grievers. They then showed the women a series of 60 pictures
that paired a photo of a stranger or the deceased loved one with either a
grief-related word (e.g., cancer) or a similar-looking but emotionally
neutral word (e.g., ginger). The purpose of the words was to make the images
of relatives seem fresh, even if the women had already viewed them several
times on their own.

As expected, fMRI revealed strong activity in pain-processing areas of the
brain when the women saw photos of their relatives or grief-related words.
No such effect appeared when subjects saw neutral words or photos of
strangers. The surprise came when women diagnosed with complicated grief
looked at a picture of their relative or a grief-related word: In addition
to activity in pain-processing areas of the brain, these women showed
activity in the nucleus accumbens, a region of the brain linked to pleasure
and reward.

The findings could mean that the brains of women with complicated grief have
not properly adjusted to the fact that their loved ones are gone, O'Connor
speculates. When humans become attached to someone, they derive pleasure
from the attachment, and their nucleus accumbens activate, she notes. And
because that area is also active when women with complicated grief see
reminders of a dead relative, it may signal that these women have a harder
time accepting the death of a loved one than noncomplicated grievers do. At
the very least, says O'Connor, scientists may now have a clinical marker
that can help them distinguish among women with complicated and
noncomplicated grief.

-------------------------

"The day may come when the rest of the animal creation
may acquire those rights
which never could have been withholden from them
but by the hand of tyranny.
The question is not can they REASON,
nor can they TALK,
but can they SUFFER?" -
- Jeremy Bentham

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised
for the good of its victims,
may be the most oppressive.
Those who torment us for our own good
will torment us without end,
for they do so with the approval of
their own conscience." -
- C.S. Lewis.

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny",
Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
Agamemnon.

"If you talk with the animals, they will talk with you
and you will know each other.
If you do not talk to them, you will not know them,
and what you do not know you will fear.

What one fears, one destroys."
Chief Dan George

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
-Arthur Schopenhauer

"Thank you for fighting the fine fight--
even tho it's a hopeless task,
in this system of things.
As long as man is ruling man,
there will be animals (and humans!)
abused and neglected. :-(
Your student," Juanita.

"If you've got them by the balls
their hearts and minds
will follow,"
John Wayne.

ANY QUESTIONS, People?

"Ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall make you mad." -
~Aldous Huxley.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
"Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain!"
-Friedrich Schiller.

INDEEDY.

AND THAT'S HOWE COME THEY GOT ME NHOWE!

In Love And Light,
I Remain Respectfully, Humbly Yours,
The WORLD'S CRUELEST Trainer,
Jerry Howe,
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
*M-A-J-E-S-T-I-C*
*G-R-A-N-D*
*M-A-S-T-E-R*
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Ferret, Goat, Monkey
SpHOWES And Horsey Wizard {) ;~ )

HOWE MAY I SERVE YOU {}; ~ )

Sincerely,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
Human And Animal Behavior
Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory,
BIOSOUND Scientific,
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092 (Call ANY TIME)
http://www.freewebs.com/thesimplyamazingpuppywizard

E-mail:

Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Resea rch_Laboratory
@HotMail.Com

TheSimplyAmazingPuppyWizard @HotMail.Com

MSN, AT&T Or AIM Messenger @:

TheSimplyAmazingPuppyWizard @HotMail.Com

ThePuppyWizard @BellSouth.Net

Goodbye Diva Paula Dog behavior 13 June 15th 05 10:15 PM
When to say goodbye? Kit Dog rescue 6 July 14th 03 09:43 PM
When to say goodbye? Kit Dog rescue 0 July 12th 03 09:30 AM
When to say goodbye? Kit Dog rescue 0 July 12th 03 09:30 AM