herding clinic this weekend

Old January 16th 04, 11:14 PM
Paul

You're probably gone by now, but for $25 I'd go in a second if I were you
just because I think it would be interesting and you could learn some things
to do on your own with Reznor.

Have a great weekend.

Paul

Old January 20th 04, 02:53 PM
Gwen Watson

Mary Healey wrote:

Gwen Watson wrote:
Thanks Mary. The instructor did think Reznor should go. I am torn
on this. I appreciate your experienced opinion.

Not so experienced. I've just found that I learn a lot from watching
other people work. I get flustered pretty easily, so being a little
familiar with the structure and expectations of a clinic (or trial) by
going a few times without the critter makes me a less "all thumbs" when
I do bring a dog/horse/whatever.

--
Mary H. and the Ames National Zoo: Regis, Sam-I-Am, Noah (1992-2001),
Ranger, Duke,

In this particular clinic it did turn out to be worth it to bring Reznor.
Though
I was most certainly all thumbs or in my case "two left feet".

No one there was really experienced and everyone was still at novice or
beginners level. So it was worth it and we had much fun. Even though
Reznor freaked the first time in on sheep.

Second time he was quite enthused.

Gwen