Blood Work for a dog with Seizures.. or Hannah's liver test was high....

Old February 17th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Blood Work for a dog with Seizures.. or Hannah's liver test was high....

In article ,
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
Do you use diapers with Image (a Siberian -
riiiight), or is consistency such that you can clean up fairly easily?

She has really nice poops and they're easy to pick up. She
is pooping mountains for a dog that doesn't really eat very
much and it looks like she's not digesting as much as she
used to, and I've increased her food to keep her weight up.

Our dogs are divided when it comes to winter-liking. There was some
stir-craziness setting in with the really low temperatures and many
feet of snow, but the greyhounds are pretty happy when temps are in
the 30s or even high 20s.

I didn't realize that. I figured that they're so nekkid
that they'd be uncomfortable. That's interesting. Why do
you think they do better than, say, boxers (all the boxers
I've known really don't like temperatures below 45F or so)?

Old February 17th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On 16 Feb 2009 22:20:30 -0500, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

She has really nice poops and they're easy to pick up. She
is pooping mountains for a dog that doesn't really eat very
much and it looks like she's not digesting as much as she
used to, and I've increased her food to keep her weight up.

Good thing it's easy to clean up. How old is Image now?

I didn't realize that. I figured that they're so nekkid
that they'd be uncomfortable.

Well, one sees lots of greyhound people with coats on their dogs at
50F, so it's easy to figure they're all freeze babies. There are
plenty that don't like the cold, and a coat is a good idea for walks
when it's under freezing, but all of my greyhounds have been more
tolerant of cold weather than hot weather. They love romping around
in the snow and lie in it when stalking each other.

That's interesting. Why do
you think they do better than, say, boxers (all the boxers
I've known really don't like temperatures below 45F or so)?

I really don't know. Whippets and IGs are both much less tolerant of
cold than most of the greyhounds I know, and I don't really think
they're any more nekkid than the big guys. But when your Whippet or
IG is under the covers with you (this is a requirement), you notice
that he or she is radiating quite a bit of heat. So I think it must
have more to do with metabolism than comparative nekkidness.

Old February 17th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 1:14*pm, Robin Nuttall wrote:
And, maybe partially, body size.

That would make sense. I was wondering, too, whether racing
greyhounds' athleticism might have something to do with it - lots of
muscle mass, large heart and lungs.

(I still do not
know how Cala actually came out of Viva because they are polar opposites
in everything except appetite)

Well...I'm thinking here of my mother and me...and I'm sure I'm not
alone in that comparison...

Zipper Pinhead likes snow but he gets
cold very fast. When the dog is only 10# it doesn't take much.

Definitely not. Teddy Butthead likes the snow, even likes trying to
leap through it, but he too gets cold pretty fast. He's 20 lb, so
probably lasts a few minutes longer than Zipper, especially when he's
in pursuit of a squirrel [hat].