Dog jacket to help people to ask first b4 petting your dog...

Old August 21st 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Dog jacket to help people to ask first b4 petting your dog...

Hi everyone. I came home with a lovely dog, Penny, from New Orleans. She had
some issues with people so I put her in a Canine school for an intensive
training course and that helped a lot. But she has a fear of strangers. The
school suggested that I get her a dog jacket that says - "In Training". I
couldn't find one that wasn't a seeing eye dog jacket and I did not want to
get one of those since she was not in training for that. So I made her a
jacket and then my daughter made one for her dog, who I also brought back
from New Orleans. This jacket has helped immensely in alerting strangers to
ask first before trying to pet Penny or Daisy. It has even alerted some
parents to warn their children before they try to pet them. I decided that
I would try to sell them to those people who also have dogs that need that
extra care while they are in training. If you would be interested, you can
go to my webpage about it at
http://www.rattieworldocomfort.com/r...dogjacket.html or search
for dog jacket on ebay and find the listing for one there. It has really
helped Penny to know that people won't hurt her when people approach slowly.
I will not make it to look like a seeing eye dog jacket because these are
not meant to allow your dog in places where seeing eye dogs are allowed.
If you just want a jacket like this with a design on it or just a plain
reversable with a reflective strip, I can do that too.
Mary