Bill of Rights for Animals?

Old August 23rd 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Bill of Rights for Animals?

"The San Antonio City Council will meet August 31st at 9am to consider
the 5-Year Strategic Plan, which currently includes a proposed
spay/neuter ordinance, breeder permits and a bill of rights for animals."

Geeeeze

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old August 23rd 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

in thread : whittled
the following words:

"The San Antonio City Council will meet August 31st at 9am to consider
the 5-Year Strategic Plan, which currently includes a proposed
spay/neuter ordinance, breeder permits and a bill of rights for animals."

Geeeeze

PETA at it's finest. Which means if you put an animal to snimal to sleep
it becomes murder? What about shelters? Will they be guilty of murder?
If an animal gets injured, will owners be forced to pay hundreds of
thousands of dollars to repair them, because euthanasia is no longer an
option?

“Pet ownership is an absolutely abysmal situation brought about by human
manipulation.”
Ingrid Newkirk, President of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
(PeTA), “Just Like Us? Toward a Nation of Animal Rights” (symposium),
Harper's, August 1988, p. 50.

“Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete junglesfrom
our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it.”
John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic
(Washington, DC: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), 1982),
p. 15.

“The cat, like the dog, must disappear... We should cut the domestic cat
free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until
our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist.”
John Bryant, Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic
(Washington, DC: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), 1982),
p. 15.

I openly hope that it [hoof-and-mouth disease] comes here. It will bring
economic harm only for those who profit from giving people heart attacks
and giving animals a concentration camp-like existence. It would be good
for animals, good for human health and good for the environment.