DHL shipping hostile to pets

Old December 14th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default DHL shipping hostile to pets

Just a heads up for folks who may purchase pet items online. Find out
first how the seller ships. If they tell you it's via DHL, buy
somewhere else, or insist on a different shipper.

I recently purchased a ramp for my 10 year old dog. Seller has been
wonderful, but now almost all his shipments are being held up in
'limbo' by DHL. Their label clearly states 'pet ramp', and I suspect
DHL is shunting them aside in favor of all the xmas junk being shipped.
Sorry, but my pet is as important to me as anyone's brats, and I
daresay my dog *needs* this item far more than little Snotleigh needs
that Little Tykes kitchen. Yet, my ramp, and that of many other
customers, are sitting in the DHL facilities, at the 'end of the
delivery line', so to speak. Their 'customer service' personnel
couldn't care less. Basically their attitude is, 'Merry Christmas pet
lover - now go to the back of the bus and shut up. We'll deliver your
stupid pet item when we get around to it.'

DHL is NOT pet friendly, and shouldn't get our business.

Old December 14th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:
[...]

I hate DHL and will no longer do business with merchants who insist on
using them. They won't just leave a package on the front porch like UPS
or FedEx, and since they don't have a regular route through my area I
never know when they're going to show up. I swear that they lurk around
the corner and wait until they see me drive off so they can hurry up and
put one of those G.D. "Sorry we missed you" stickers on the sidelight
window. And to make matters worse, their depot is located about half an
hour away from my home and they close at 5 pm, so if you miss a
delivery, you're condemned to sitting around for another day in order to
take delivery of your package.

Grrr...

Kathleen