Cyst

Old December 14th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Cyst

Unless this is very painful why did he prescribe the Rimadyl?. Also if the
dog does need it he should not have given it to you for the dog without
running test to be sure that the kidneys & liver functions are ok. Rimadyl
should never be taken with out preliminary lab work and followup lab work on
a regular basis.

Celeste

wrote in message
Our Great Dane bitch five years old has a cyst half way down her back
leg she has had this since we got her at 13 months old and it has
remained the size of a very small egg all along . However last weekend
it started to grow and by Tuesday night it started to bleed so of to
the vets we went .
The vet prescribed DUPHATRIA 80 plus some Rimadyl 120mg now I feel
sure the DUPHATRIA 80's are ok but the Rimadyl 120mg I feel very much
unsure about. Rimadyl 120mg. Anyone got any info regarding the Rimadyl
120mg has I seem to remember reading in this group many months ago
some very unsavory comments regarding this drug .

Old December 15th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Oh Mike I know how you feel. I lost Barney shortly after Christmas in 05
and it's not been good since I didn't even decorate at all last year. Even
though he didn't pass till January it was an awful Christmas because I knew
he didn't have much more time left with us.

I hope she's ok and the cyst clears up.

Rimadyl is a good drug when it's really needed but it does have side effects
that have to be closely monitored. Barney took it for over 2 years for
arthritis with out problems. Later when we maxed out the dose we switched
him to Deramaxx which is another NSaid but all along I kept up on the blood
work.

Even now I have a beagle/retriever who takes it for arthritis but I keep up
on the blood work and watch him like a hawl for signs of problems.

Celeste

wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:22:41 GMT, "Spot"
wrote:

Unless this is very painful why did he prescribe the Rimadyl?.

The question I have been asking myself since we arrived home the other
night the name Rimadyl rung a very distinct bell straight away but
could not think good or bad.

Also if the
dog does need it he should not have given it to you for the dog without
running test to be sure that the kidneys & liver functions are ok.
Rimadyl
should never be taken with out preliminary lab work and followup lab work
on
a regular basis.

Celeste

Thanks for confirming what I thought Celeste we go back to see the guy
tomorrow evening and questions will be asked . The Dane we have now
will be our last dog of any breed due to the fact that I will not be
able in a few years time to give a dog the care and exorcise it needs
due to getting old myself and I am NOT having some damned vet doing
his best to kill her of prematurely through his incompetence .
Thank you once again in total we have lost no less than three Danes
during the Christmas period at different times and she is not going to
loose her life this Christmas if I have anything to do with it .This
is the main reason why I hate Christmas soooooooooooo much .

Mike .