dachshunds

Old July 6th 03, 01:14 PM
Jimmy Clay

Default dachshunds

I agree. I have a toy dachshund; he's now about 14. He's been a great boy
and still is. He's never been a biter, he's always been good with children,
especial babies. With babies he always liked to lay down next to them, very
protective. What he really wanted to do is lick there face but that's a no
no of course. He loved being with other dogs and he got along well with my
cats. In fact when I got a kitten he would let the kitten suck on his neck
till it was red.

Very good dog.

--
Thanks,
Jimmy Clay

Read a free ebook,
The Song of the Coyote
http://thesongofthecoyote.tripod.com/

"J Ligon" wrote in message
om...
I currently have 5 dachshunds and they are wonderful pets for the
family. Whether you have small children or you are an elederly
person, you would love adding a dachshund to your family. They are
loving little dogs!

Dachshunds like to be with people. We live on a farm with a pond and
ours love to swim and just chase each other. They will chase the
ducks when possible. We keep ours outside, but many people raise
dachshunds in the house. They do require a heat lamp during the
winter due to their short hair. We have one long-haired dachshund
they does much better during the winter.

Dachshunds come in many colors, two sizes (mini and standard), and 3
hair lenghts (short, long, and wired). So you have a big choice with
such a little dog. Probably most people think of dachshunds as red or
black/tan.

Whenever you are considering a small dog for a pet, please check out
owning a "doxie"

J. Ligon

Old July 6th 03, 02:07 PM
dancertm

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 07:14:11 -0500, "Jimmy Clay"
wrote:

I agree. I have a toy dachshund; he's now about 14. He's been a great boy
and still is. He's never been a biter, he's always been good with children,
especial babies. With babies he always liked to lay down next to them, very
protective. What he really wanted to do is lick there face but that's a no
no of course. He loved being with other dogs and he got along well with my
cats. In fact when I got a kitten he would let the kitten suck on his neck
till it was red.

Very good dog.

However there are two negatives which also must be mentioned. Doxies
tend to bark a lot, and sometimes difficult to house train.
Old October 24th 11, 06:27 PM
Junior Member

Location: Greenville
Cool

There are some draw backs to raising a doxie,after 3 1/2 years we still have issues with barking, not much for young kids, pees on certain places in the house, and has biten strange adults twice, hates the mail man for some odd reason but the good is that they are very loving especially for older members the the home, they love to play,chase items and bounch. Also we have a 2 1/2 yr old boxer/bull mastiff (also male) and a new female kitten we got her last year and they are best friends. The mastiff has had issues with our doxie a few times but we found that it was teritorie ussues.
Old November 2nd 11, 03:04 AM
Junior Member

Location: Australia
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clay View Post

"J Ligon" wrote in message
[...]

I always love this kind of dog. They are very cute.....