A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog health
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dog teeth chatter/ tremor

Old September 22nd 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
external usenet poster

Default Dog teeth chatter/ tremor

My three year old jack russell/ rat terroir's teeth chatter for about 10 seconds and then stop. This happens less than 1 time a week.. Maybe 3 times a month for the past 3-4 months. Not during play, odd temps, or anything so really thought nothing off it as he didn't act funny before or after the short episodes. Also, he is fully responsive when this happens and if I massage his jaw (which he loves) as it happens then he stops immediately.
So this morning I had just left and my fiancé said that his teeth started chattering for about thirty seconds, his eyes rolled back, and he passed out/moaned. After he got up and looked scared but other then that seemed normal. He ate and played soon after...
My initial thought was that he wasn't getting enough oxygen for the thirty seconds of chattering and there for passed out but I am really worried it may have been a seizure...
Does anyone have any insight or ideas? I can't get into the vet until later tonight, possibly tomorrow morning...

He was also at a doggy day care all weekend and I had just left so maybe stress related?! Just hoping and praying it isn't a reoccurring thing..