Dog teeth chatter/ tremor

Old September 22nd 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Dog teeth chatter/ tremor

My three year old jack russell/ rat terroir's teeth chatter for about 10 seconds and then stop. This happens less than 1 time a week.. Maybe 3 times a month for the past 3-4 months. Not during play, odd temps, or anything so really thought nothing off it as he didn't act funny before or after the short episodes. Also, he is fully responsive when this happens and if I massage his jaw (which he loves) as it happens then he stops immediately.
So this morning I had just left and my fiancé said that his teeth started chattering for about thirty seconds, his eyes rolled back, and he passed out/moaned. After he got up and looked scared but other then that seemed normal. He ate and played soon after...
My initial thought was that he wasn't getting enough oxygen for the thirty seconds of chattering and there for passed out but I am really worried it may have been a seizure...
Does anyone have any insight or ideas? I can't get into the vet until later tonight, possibly tomorrow morning...

He was also at a doggy day care all weekend and I had just left so maybe stress related?! Just hoping and praying it isn't a reoccurring thing..

My dog had 7 teeth removed - i have to brush his teeth now - HELP! Charles Widmoore Dog health 28 April 22nd 09 02:27 AM
Brushing dog’s teeth hill Dog rescue 0 April 29th 08 10:42 AM
Teeth Cleaning Marcel Beaudoin Dog health 10 February 16th 05 08:45 AM
dog teeth David C Dog health 1 February 9th 05 10:51 AM
Little fingers, big teeth Marie Dog behavior 0 June 3rd 04 11:08 PM