Need references on Klar or Bijou Standar Poodles

Old February 12th 16, 05:01 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Hi All,

I would like to have references on a breeder that I found on the web. So
far, I found nothing. If you have information please help me.

That breeder operated under two different name: Klar and Bijou Standard
Poodles

Thanks for you help!
I have a gorgeous large chocolate male from Laura Turner. Her 'reds' come under her Bijou title. Her 'chocolates' are under K lar. Gaius (pronounced Guy-us) is just over a year old and an awesome dog.

Would I get another from her? My boy just had a $4000 surgery to fix his knee (TPLO) which isn't genetic in it self although his size was a factor. However hip dysplasia IS genetic and although rarely seen in your average sized Standard, her chocolates are above average in size. His hip dysplasia was a factor that set him up for him blowing his knee. Breeds that are known to be predisposed to hip dysplasia are usually tested by the breeders to keep their lines free of this. Laura does check for the usual SP issues so I have no recourse.

Interestingly, she has made an odd statement that she has never had a RED with hip dysplasia... This makes me think she knows more than she is saying. I tried to touch base with her when we learned he may have panoesteitis (infection of the marrow of his long bones ... growing pains). Treatable and self-limiting but shows up as lameness. This was just our first diagnosis of his torn cruciate ligaments. I contacted Laura so I could learn if any of his other 10 siblings had this lameness. Perhaps they could learn from my experience. Not to worry. Since we adore our boy, I shared that as well with her. Her response was incredibly defensive and she did not address anything I said but jumped on her high horse about the things she did test for. At the time I knew nothing of his hip dysplasia. If I had, my only interest in telling her so would have been to help her. I have had no luck communicating with her since.

Not a warm and fuzzy person. I'd love to get information on his siblings but it seems she is not accepting any of my queries. Gorgeous animals though. What a shame, they are hers.

Hope this helps.