Miniature Schnauzer pee problems after bladder surgery

Old March 25th 11, 04:30 AM
Fran 1371 Fran 1371 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko959 View Post
I have a 5 year old black Miniature Schnauzer. She had surgery for
bladder stones in early January of this year. Before the surgery, she
would have accidents in the house once in a great while. After the
surgery, she is having problems. She has urininated several times on
our carpet and floor. This morning, she went on my side of the bed up
by my pillow. It's the first time I know of that she has pissed on the
bed.

I have taken her back to the vet a couple of times. He said that the
surgery should not have affected any of the nerves that might cause
incontinance. I don't see any signs that she has ever done it in her
crate. I have not noticed it in any area where she lies down. But yet,
when I let her outside, she sometimes pees 2 or 3 times in the space of
a couple of minutes. This is completely different behavior from before
the surgery.

She is a healthy dog besides this problem. My wife is fed up with her
peeing on our new carpet and is in favor of either selling her or
having her put to sleep. I am going to take her to another vet to get
more ideas. We have tried switching foods without any success. I'm also
going to try the crate training route.

I'm afraid her fate is sealed unless we can find a solution as to
whether this is medical or a behavior problem. Has anybody else
experienced this with their dog after bladder surgery, or have any
ideas for me?

Thanks
Hi I was searching about the problem that my dog have which is similar to your dog. he pees in the house after having surgery 3 weeks ago to remove bladder stone. he always strain and wants to to pee every 10 mint. it seems he cant hold his bladder for more than 15 min, he is on metacam ( anti inflammatory medicin) and a new diet hill's u/d. I was wondering what happened to your dog cause it happened 6 years ago ?