BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Old June 6th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default BSL - 75 Breeds Listed (Even Goldens!)

Rocky wrote:
Shelly said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Pibble is *way* too close to dribble. O ick!

You misspelled "piddle."

AAAAACK! That, too!

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
pfoley

"Shelly" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:12:25 GMT, "pfoley"
wrote:

Yes, I have seen that done with Pittie mixes quite a bit, and I am sure

it
is done only for the good of the dog.

Oh, ferpetesake! They are Pit Bulls, not pitties. Ugh. Anyway,
people do awfully funny things "for the good of the dog." I seem to
recall Ingrid Newkirk bloviating at great length about how Pit Bulls
should be exterminated, for their own good.

--
Shelly
http://cat-sidh.net (the Mothership)

==============
You should learn to relax more; you're going to have an ulcer.

Old June 6th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
pfoley

"Suja" wrote in message

"Tara" wrote in message:

I have no idea what the problem with that is.

Ditto that. There's even an all-breed rescue around these parts that
focuses on Rottweilers and Pit Bulls called It's a ROTTn PITy!

Suja

==============
I like that.

Old June 6th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

pfoley wrote:

You should learn to relax more;

You should try not to be the boss of me, because you are destined to
fail miserably at it.

--
Shelly
Old June 6th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Shelly

On 6 Jun 2007 20:15:09 GMT, Rocky wrote:

diddy said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
This is the German Shepherd Same breed, different name.
Listed as a separate breed hardly counts

Same thing with Blue Heeler slash Australian Cattle Dog.

Needs more Dingo.

Old June 7th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
bethgsd

"diddy" wrote in message
in thread : Shelly shelly@cat-
sidh.net whittled the following words:

Paul E. Schoen wrote:
So, from now on, Muttley is just a Mutt!

I guess that means you are finished with dreaming up big, powerful,
rare breeds he might be? Anyway, I can't help but think that
misrepresenting your dog's breed(s) is cowardly.

I "DO" think Muttley looks closer to an Anatolian Shepherd than any other
breed.
The Anatolians I have met have been very nice. I think it's also possible
that Muttley perhaps may be changing for the better, simply because he's
now INSIDE as opposed to being tied OUTSIDE to a tree, and his self
confidence and socialization is improving. The fact that He has become
incorporated into Paul's life enough that Paul now takes him on personal
excursions says a lot. Those changes CAN be life changing for a dog, and
Muttley may well be morphing into a wonderful dog without some magical
trainers intervention.

I'm very cautious about saying this, because I "AM" well aware of Paul's
coloring events with his own special colored crayons and somewhat detached
sense of reality and expectations.

Diddy,

I also think that Muttley looks like he is mostly Anatolian. Though the
Anatolians I have known did bite people in the butts.

And don't faint; If you and Shelly could agree on something it is less
shocking that the two of us could agree. Tracking and obedience trainers
and all.

Beth

Old June 7th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
bethgsd

"Shelly" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:10:14 -0500, diddy
wrote:

If Muttley's city decides to instill breed bans over 100 pounds, Muttley
is
still probably SOL regardless of non-breed status

Or 75lbs or 50lbs.

But I wasn't addressing the list of supposedly band breeds, because
it's irrelevant. Breed bans suck, period, no matter what breeds they
are aimed at, and anyone who really, truly cares about dogs and about
responsible dog ownership ought to be able to figure out why they
suck. *Your* dogs will never be threatened by BSL.

Paul's smug answers, as always, gross me out. I admit that I've got a
low tolerance for assholishness on the subject of breed bans. I know
just how tenuous the line is between allowed and not allowed, once you
allow that line to be drawn. But, since you own magical Elkhounds, I
don't expect you to understand.

--
Shelly
http://cat-sidh.net (the Mothership)

Don't forget that I was bitten by one when I was in grade school. Therefore
all Elkhounds must be banned because someone in the 1970's was bitten
through her own stupidity.

Beth

Old June 7th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
bethgsd

"diddy" wrote in message

I hope my breed stays under the radar and unpopular for many years to
come.
Did I ever mention they SHED!!!!!!

So do GSDs but we haven't been that lucky.

Did I ever tell you about the person I met with an Elkhound that claimed it
was a mini GSD? Had papers from the local puppymill broker and everything!
And don't tell them that ConKC is full of moo poo! They paid lots o' money
for that registered mini GSD.

Beth

Old June 7th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

bethgsd wrote:

Don't forget that I was bitten by one when I was in grade school. Therefore
all Elkhounds must be banned because someone in the 1970's was bitten
through her own stupidity.

As reasons go, that's about as good as any I've seen for BSL!

--
Shelly
Old June 7th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Judy

"bethgsd" wrote in message
Don't forget that I was bitten by one when I was in grade school.
Therefore all Elkhounds must be banned because someone in the 1970's was
bitten through her own stupidity.

Cocker Spaniel. 1958. Kids playing Follow The Leader, bend down and pet a
cocker spaniel chewing on a bone.

How classic was THAT bite?

It did result in the ban of that particular cocker. As far as I can
remember, the dog wasn't known to be a problem before that day. Stupid
kids. No scars on my hand. In retrospect, the dog was obviously issuing a
warning and controlled her bite. But her owners - with several kids of
their own - refused to trust her again around the many young kids in the
neighborhood.

Judy

NEW BREEDS Dee Dog breeds 10 September 26th 06 02:22 PM
GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? [email protected] Dog behavior 0 September 13th 06 11:00 AM
Saw two new breeds White Monkey Dog breeds 7 October 3rd 05 01:18 PM
Lab-like breeds?? Marcel Beaudoin Dog breeds 19 May 14th 05 01:10 AM
Goldens, colors and genes Darby Wiggins Dog breeds 22 January 21st 05 06:18 PM