Update on ehrlichia/histo pooch

Old March 14th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Laurie[_2_]

Default Update on ehrlichia/histo pooch

I am sorry to report that my bf's sweet dog Stewart, who had been diagnosed
with advanced disseminated histoplasmosis as well as ehrlichia had what
appears to be a stroke last night and is blind and disabled on her left
side. The emergency vet confirmed neurological impairment but couldn't say
what caused it, and given how compromised she is already from the other
things - we imagine she will cross the bridge later today.

Please say a prayer for her to have an easy passage -- and my bf to bear
having to put her to sleep.

Regards, Laurie :'-(

Old March 14th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

-Sharon

Old March 14th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"Laurie" wrote in message
we imagine she will cross the bridge later today.

......I'm so sorry.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old March 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Spot[_2_]

Laurie,

I'm so sorry to hear of this. They are never with us long enough.

Celeste

Old March 14th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
\(the\)duckster

"Laurie" wrote in message
I am sorry to report that my bf's sweet dog Stewart, who had been

diagnosed
with advanced disseminated histoplasmosis as well as ehrlichia had what
appears to be a stroke last night and is blind and disabled on her left
side. The emergency vet confirmed neurological impairment but couldn't say
what caused it, and given how compromised she is already from the other
things - we imagine she will cross the bridge later today.

Please say a prayer for her to have an easy passage -- and my bf to bear
having to put her to sleep.

Regards, Laurie :'-(

I hope your friend can be there to hold her if possible. Having painfully
done it myself, it is one of the greatest gifts that a master can give
their beloved one. To breath their scent as they cross to the bridge. The
last exchange of love and trust.

Not everyone can. Nor can everyone be there, so it does not in any way
diminish things.

Safe and swift journey Stewart. You will be healed and whole on the other
side. You will see your master again one day.

(the)duckster

Old March 15th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
William Clodius

I wi doing the right thing weren't so hard, but he's doing it.
Old March 16th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Laurie[_2_]

William Clodius wrote:
I wi doing the right thing weren't so hard, but he's doing it.

Thank you. She's at peace now and no doubt enjoying nice firm poops at the
Bridge. ;-)

I'm happy to report he feels his house is so empty he's considering bringing
in another rescue to love. I agree with his decision as it's a waste to let
all that love just flounder around with no doggie to enjoy it.

:-) Laurie

Old March 17th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
many_dogs

Old March 17th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
\(the\)duckster

"Laurie" wrote in message
William Clodius wrote:
I wi doing the right thing weren't so hard, but he's doing it.

Thank you. She's at peace now and no doubt enjoying nice firm poops at the
Bridge. ;-)

I'm happy to report he feels his house is so empty he's considering

bringing
in another rescue to love. I agree with his decision as it's a waste to

let
all that love just flounder around with no doggie to enjoy it.

:-) Laurie

Once a dog person, always a dog person.

Kind regards,

(the)duckster

pooch IQ kit diddy[_2_] Dog behavior 9 February 8th 08 02:38 PM
Gimpy pooch Puddin' Man Dog health 12 August 7th 06 03:25 PM
Gimpy pooch - Lazy? bobmarley Dog behavior 0 August 6th 06 07:32 AM
Gimpy pooch [email protected] Dog behavior 1 August 5th 06 05:14 AM
Gimpy pooch [email protected] Dog behavior 0 August 4th 06 11:40 PM