PING: Liisa

Old November 20th 08, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Liisa Sarakontu[_2_]

Default PING: Liisa

diddy none wrote in :

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...?petid=9792952

How did this happen?
I have NEVER seen such a striking coloration difference. It's as if
someone cut off the dog's head and photoshopped it on another dog.

Since the dog is going to be such a small dog, I don't believe for one
minute that it's an akita mix. The Elkhound half is undeniable. What
a great looking dog!

Like others have already written, that's one version of piebald/extreme
white spotting and it is often called "color-headed white" in many breeds.
Colored head and mostly white body. This dog has one patch on back (and NOT
on tail tip, it is always white if body is colored like this).

1st gen Elkhound crosses can't have this much white as they are always
genetically solid S/S and this dog obviosly is homozygous for sp or sw type
spotting alleles. So one parent isn't a purebred Elkhound.

Elkhound/Husky and a good dose of something smaller, like Sheltie?

Liisa
Old November 20th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

Liisa Sarakontu spoke these words of wisdom in
16:

diddy none wrote in :

[...]

We knew it was not a purebred. As you said, it "COULDN'T" be.
But I've never seen any mix whose head was so purebred looking, and body
looked like another breed entirely. Shape is wrong, coat is wrong, and
color is wrong.

It's as if the head got all the elkhound genetics, and from the collar down
got whatever the other part was.

The head looks to be typical purebred Pennsylvania Puppy Mill elkhound
decapitated and placed on another body entirely.

I've never heard of Colorheaded white. When Mary(?) posted it, I did a
search on it. Learn something new every day.

As you said, it NEVER happens in Elkhounds.

Thank you . I'd still like to go see this dog in person and see if there
are stitch marks at the collar, and this dog was really some transplant
gone right. Baby would be renamed Frankendog

Ping Liisa diddy[_2_] Dog breeds 4 October 13th 08 08:29 PM
Ping Liisa diddy Dog breeds 6 August 3rd 06 03:18 PM
Ping Liisa: Spotted lab, what happened here?? Robin Nuttall Dog breeds 3 March 29th 06 09:45 PM
Ping: Liisa, any ideas? Shelly & The Boys Dog breeds 12 December 8th 03 09:48 PM
Ping: Liisa Shelly & The Boys Dog breeds 3 November 21st 03 09:11 PM