A Viva tribute video

Old June 24th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Default A Viva tribute video

Tara Green wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

A celebration, not a memorial. The last little video clip was taken
the end of May.

http://www.totaldobe.com/viva.html and click on the picture.

After meny failed attempts tonight, I'm going to have to try to open
this tomorrow.

I'm sure its a lovely tribute. I remember that one day a few years ago
when I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her on TV when she was
racing in that national competition. Her spirit shone through, and I
couldn't stop grinning.

Thanks Tara, but the dog on TV was Cala, Viva's daughter. Viva never won
any National accolades, but she had a Presence that drew everyone who
met her.

I'm sorry it's taking awhile to download the video. It is 17 megs. You
can always right click on it, or open in Firefox which will
automatically give you an option to save or run.
Old June 24th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara Green

Phyrie wrote:
"Tara Green" wrote in message
Robin Nuttall wrote:
A celebration, not a memorial. The last little video clip was taken the
end of May.

http://www.totaldobe.com/viva.html and click on the picture.

After meny failed attempts tonight, I'm going to have to try to open this
tomorrow.

I'm sure its a lovely tribute. I remember that one day a few years ago
when I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her on TV when she was
racing in that national competition. Her spirit shone through, and I
couldn't stop grinning.

Tara, it took forever for it load for me too (and I'm on wireless), but it's
worth the wait. It's a lovely tribute to an amazingly beautiful dog.

Oh no. I loaded it about 5 times. My computer
wouldn't recognize it as a movie file, for
some reason.

I love the page and the pictures though. I
forgot what a singularly gorgeous Dobe she was.
Old June 24th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara Green

Robin Nuttall wrote:
Tara Green wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

A celebration, not a memorial. The last little video clip was taken
the end of May.

http://www.totaldobe.com/viva.html and click on the picture.

After meny failed attempts tonight, I'm going to have to try to open
this tomorrow.

I'm sure its a lovely tribute. I remember that one day a few years ago
when I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of her on TV when she was
racing in that national competition. Her spirit shone through, and I
couldn't stop grinning.

Thanks Tara, but the dog on TV was Cala, Viva's daughter. Viva never won
any National accolades, but she had a Presence that drew everyone who
met her.

Oh shoot. Robin, I'm so sorry that I
misremembered that.

I'm sorry it's taking awhile to download the video. It is 17 megs. You
can always right click on it, or open in Firefox which will
automatically give you an option to save or run.

Tried both browsers. No biggie I just wasn't
sure if it was a problem, or a Tara's
Computer Problem (looks like it was that last
one).

Robin, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Did I
miss something? Was this sudden?
Old June 24th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Robin Nuttall

Tara Green wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

Tried both browsers. No biggie I just wasn't sure if it was a problem,
or a Tara's Computer Problem (looks like it was that last one).

It's a wmv, a Windows Movie file. You'd need a player that could do wmv
to see it.

Robin, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Did I miss something? Was this
sudden?

Very. She'd been doing amazingly well on some new joint supplements. So
well, in fact, that I had entered her in a couple of Rally trials to try
to get her RE. June 5 we had a normal walk at the farm. By June 7, she
could barely make it through a short walk. At first we thought
tick-borne, but that's not what it was. I didn't do a necropsy, but
we're almost certain it was hemangiosarcoma. I let her go last Saturday,
the day she was entered at the North County show in St. Louis.
Old June 24th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara Green

Robin Nuttall wrote:
Tara Green wrote:
Robin Nuttall wrote:

Tried both browsers. No biggie I just wasn't sure if it was a problem,
or a Tara's Computer Problem (looks like it was that last one).

It's a wmv, a Windows Movie file. You'd need a player that could do wmv
to see it.

Well, if anyone knows how to open with MAC
software (or should I just download WinMP?)
I'd still love to check it out.

Robin, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Did I miss something? Was this
sudden?

Very. She'd been doing amazingly well on some new joint supplements. So
well, in fact, that I had entered her in a couple of Rally trials to try
to get her RE. June 5 we had a normal walk at the farm. By June 7, she
could barely make it through a short walk. At first we thought
tick-borne, but that's not what it was. I didn't do a necropsy, but
we're almost certain it was hemangiosarcoma. I let her go last Saturday,
the day she was entered at the North County show in St. Louis.

Man, that is damn hard. Its such a shock to
lose them so suddenly to something like that.
I know I was taken aback by your
announcement, but I figured I missed
something after being lost in textbooks these
last few weeks.

She was a majestic and wonderful girl. She
was lucky to have found you when she did. She
had a great time with you.
Old June 24th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
Tara Green wrote:
Well, if anyone knows how to open with MAC
software (or should I just download WinMP?)
I'd still love to check it out.

Go he
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...omponents.mspx

Old June 24th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Janet Boss

In article ,
Tara Green wrote:

Well, if anyone knows how to open with MAC
software (or should I just download WinMP?)
I'd still love to check it out.

Mine opened it with Quicktime

--
Janet Boss
Old June 24th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Mine opened it with Quicktime

Virginal Quicktime can't handle Windows Media files, but if
you install the Flip4Mac stuff it will open both as a
browser plugin or from Quicktime.

Old June 25th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Tara Green

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
Mine opened it with Quicktime

Virginal Quicktime can't handle Windows Media files, but if
you install the Flip4Mac stuff it will open both as a
browser plugin or from Quicktime.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll try this later tonight so I can see that
gal doing her thing :-)