poop

Old February 25th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Peter K

Default poop

Hi

every few days I find a new dog poop on my lawn. I'm guessing that someone
in the neighbourhood takes their dog for a walk in the early morning, and
the dog relieves itself as necessary...

But is there any sort of "dog repellent" I can use to prevent this from
happening? I don't really want to have to build a huge fence and gate, so
would be interested to hear of any other mechanisms which would make a dog
much less likely to use my lawn for its toilet.

Thanks,
Peter

Old February 25th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dejablues[_2_]

"Peter K" wrote in message
Hi

every few days I find a new dog poop on my lawn. I'm guessing that someone
in the neighbourhood takes their dog for a walk in the early morning, and
the dog relieves itself as necessary...

But is there any sort of "dog repellent" I can use to prevent this from
happening? I don't really want to have to build a huge fence and gate, so
would be interested to hear of any other mechanisms which would make a dog
much less likely to use my lawn for its toilet.

Thanks,
Peter

Stand outside with a shotgun? Put a thousand mousetraps on the grass?
Seriously, you're blaming the dog for the fact that the owners don't clean
up after it. Forget about dog repellant, you need a stupid person repellant.
Post some large signs that say "PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG". Point a
webcam at your lawn, catch the offender in the act, and chuck their dog
feces on their lawn.

Old February 25th 10, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Peter K

"dejablues" wrote in message

"Peter K" wrote in message
[...]

OK, shotgun - thanks, good idea - I'll look into that!

Old February 26th 10, 06:27 PM
actony1 actony1 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Tennessee

The shotgun may be a little overkill, but signs are probably a good idea. I had a neighbor that purposely walked his dog in my yard every day. When I confronted him about it he said he didn't think I would have a problem with it since I had a dog too. I threatened to walk my dog in his yard. He must have gotten the message cause he is walking his dog somewhere else now.
Old March 1st 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Avid Fan[_4_]

Peter K wrote:

OK, shotgun - thanks, good idea - I'll look into that!

Use the shotgun on the owner not the dog. It is not the fault of the
dog that the owner is stupid.

Seriously you need to catch them in the act. Try and keep your head.

This bottles of water on the lawn (apart from the fact it is uglier than
the poop) DOES NOT WORK.

Buy a scooper - You are not going to win them all.
Old March 2nd 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen[_3_]

"Avid Fan" wrote in message
Peter K wrote:

OK, shotgun - thanks, good idea - I'll look into that!

Use the shotgun on the owner not the dog. It is not the fault of the dog
that the owner is stupid.

You might load the shotgun with the dog's poop...

Paul and Muttley
www.muttleydog.com

Old March 2nd 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Peter K

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message

"Avid Fan" wrote in message
Peter K wrote:

OK, shotgun - thanks, good idea - I'll look into that!

Use the shotgun on the owner not the dog. It is not the fault of the dog
that the owner is stupid.

You might load the shotgun with the dog's poop...

:-)

Ok - shotgun was never really an option.

I've put up a "no poop please" sign, and I've heard that urinating around
the edges of your property can deter dogs... well, I don't know if that's
correct or not. But there's been a week now since the last visit.

The local council has told me if I see a loose dog on my property I am
entitled to apprehend it (if I dare). Or I can take a photo, or try to
identify the dog and owner by other means.

But, more than that (besides building a big fence) there really is no way to
control such owners.

Old March 2nd 10, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Avid Fan[_4_]

"Avid Fan" wrote in message
Peter K wrote:

OK, shotgun - thanks, good idea - I'll look into that!

Use the shotgun on the owner not the dog. It is not the fault of the
dog that the owner is stupid.

You might load the shotgun with the dog's poop...

:-)

Ok - shotgun was never really an option.

I've put up a "no poop please" sign, and I've heard that urinating
around the edges of your property can deter dogs... well, I don't know
if that's correct or not. But there's been a week now since the last visit.

The local council has told me if I see a loose dog on my property I am
entitled to apprehend it (if I dare). Or I can take a photo, or try to
identify the dog and owner by other means.

But, more than that (besides building a big fence) there really is no
way to control such owners.

I bet if you just put a sign for a few weeks. "Please pick up after
your dog" the problem would go away.

I can't imagine how this could happen in the first place.
Old March 2nd 10, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Avid Fan[_4_]

Paul E. Schoen wrote:

You might load the shotgun with the dog's poop...

EHEHHEHEHHE!

Paul and Muttley
www.muttleydog.com

Muttley is a great dog. Give him a treat & a pat from me.
Old March 14th 10, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
TrainerBill

On Feb 24, 3:49*pm, "Peter K" wrote:
Hi

every few days I find a new dog poop on my lawn. I'm guessing that someone
in the neighbourhood takes their dog for a walk in the early morning, and
the dog relieves itself as necessary...

But is there any sort of "dog repellent" I can use to prevent this from
happening? I don't really want to have to build a huge fence and gate, so
would be interested to hear of any other mechanisms which would make a dog
much less likely to use my lawn for its toilet.

Thanks,
Peter

I've heard that placing a 5 gallon water bottle (full) in the yard
deters dogs.... don't know why. There are animal repellents available
at hardware stores. Some have had luck with sprinkling moth balls
down. I had a neighbor who stopped picking up the poop for one week.
It got gross. but the owner got the message ...

Puppy Won't Poop Outside bobby Booey Dog behavior 2 January 27th 06 03:50 AM
eating poop Courtney Dog behavior 6 December 29th 05 03:34 AM
Dog Eating Poop Susan Waye Dog behavior 1 June 6th 05 04:31 AM