Jacksonville, Florida ~ needs assistance placing female great dane

Old September 30th 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SapphoSpeaks

Default Jacksonville, Florida ~ needs assistance placing female great dane

I was directed to this site by PetRescue.com, in searching out how to
surrender our Great Dane, Xena. Due to many crazy circumstances Xena
has been living with my girlfriends father. We got a call today
saying that their forclosure has gone through and they have to be out
of their house this weekend. They have known for a while, but were
hoping to work sometihng out with the new owners. My girlfriends ex
husband said that he wanted her back, but now that it is down to the
wire ~no surprise~ he cant be reached. We would take her, but
landlord wont let us have a dog her size and our apartment is on the
small side. Xena is unfixed and papered, but not registered. She is
five years old and a really sweet animal. She lives with two other
dogs, a cat, and two ferrets with no problems. She has been around
children ranging in ages from four to eighteen. In the past she has
had altercations with other dominant females resulting in minor
injuries, but since these altercations she has lived with her
companion, Amber ~ and unfixed female~ with no problems. Since she
has been in anothers care and finances have been tight all around we
have been unable to keep up her shots and heartworm preventative. We
are in a situtation now where we can help get all these things
updated.

If anyone can help us place her or give us advice on where to look or
how to place her in a good home, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old October 19th 10, 10:29 PM
Dog Freedom Dog Freedom is offline
Junior Member

Hi . I saw that you are in a bind . I can help you keep your dog and the landlord will have to let you keep the dog in the apartment or condo that you live in and never pay a pet deposit..ever...