Sad fact about animal rescue groups

Old February 24th 12, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.rescue
SSS DDD

Default Where does the rescue money go ?

Uh, I've been waiting for a week for approval for my registration on the
message boards, what that has to do with my "rescue history" is a
mystery to me.
Granted if I start posting I'll probably get censored or dumpted,
moderated boards are the shits, people don't like the unvarnished truth.
Petfinder joins the list of organizations that will not get anything
fom me, too bad, $600,000 would more than grease the wheels of a lot of
places.
I'm not surprised the local govs want paperwork in stacks, that's their
meat, rather than save animals they do the reverse since it covers their
uncaring asses.
Joe gave a list of stuff that costs...one vet visit can run a grand, how
many towels will that buy ?
I can well imagine that running a rescue is a hassle, more than I'd care
to take on. I'm more in line with the individual with a house full of
animals, but runs his/her own show.
As to my unfamiliarity with rescues : I initially presented the
contention that, at least in N.J., there are rescues sufficient to
handle the dogs that can be saved. I have not seen anything to disabuse
me of this belief. This was my primary reason for the posts.
The fact that I have contacted several local and non-local rescues to
request assistance in my effort to acqiure one or two more dogs of a
kind and situation approriate to my desire and needs and have come up
empty is an affront to me. They can take their contracts and stuff 'em.
You don't help me, I won't help you.
Were it not for a single response I would question if my e mails were
getting through.
I'm not questioning the good intentions of rescue groups, but to me it
seems a zero sum game, one group's success hurts others in placements
and donations. I'm not so sure if a big influx of cash into the system
would not be largely wasted, that is not assist in the placement in good
homes of more than a tiny number of dogs, or any at all.