A dog & canine forum. DogBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » DogBanter forum » Dog forums » Dog breeds
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

Old May 8th 19, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Why did my dog KILL my puppy???

To MV Tanning, first of all let me say,I'm so sorry for your loss... I know it's hard to go through... Actually, when I googled looking for information, your story came up. Also, I know it is so hard to do, However, you have to ignore idiot's comments that have absolutely nothing to do with your post or your questions etc. It takes all kinds! It's like they have nothing better to do then put their two cents in a conversation they have nothing to with! I'm so sorry this happened to you and I know exactly how you are feeling and what you are going through and dealing with, because the same thing just happened to me. The only difference is, it was my 12 year old Grandsons German Shepherd Puppy Barry😥. He was approximately a year old.. We are heart broken and we are also thinking about having our Pitt put down. We have owned and and have had our Beautiful Blue Nose Pitt since he was 6 weeks old. He is now 10 years old. He "HAS NEVER!" Shown this type of behavior towards human's I raised my children my babies around him with never any signs of aggression like we all watched horrified when he attacked this helpless little puppy!
He did this horrible act right in front of practically all of my immediate family! It was terrible! We also have 3 small female
Min-Pin-Chihs.Who are all up in age 11 to 12 years old. He was raised with these dogs his entire life! So again our dilemma is should we have him put down over this one act? How can we know if he could do this again? Do they get a taste of blood and kill again? I've always heard oldschool, once a dog gets a taste of blood it ruins them forever? Can this be true. Or will we have to cage him and keep him away from anything and anyone? That seems so unfair for him or any dog for that matter! I just don't know what to do!?!!?