OT Velveeta Fudge

Old January 4th 04, 10:25 PM
Judy

Default OT Velveeta Fudge

For those of you who haven't forgotten this part of the Christmas dinner
discussion........

My daughter had thrown out the collection of recipes that included the
Velveeta Fudge. However, this one is close enough.

Anyone brave enough to try it and report back?

http://joyofsoup.com/archives/000392.php

~~Judy

Old January 5th 04, 03:33 AM
Lee DeRaud

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:25:27 GMT, "Judy"
wrote:

For those of you who haven't forgotten this part of the Christmas dinner
discussion........

My daughter had thrown out the collection of recipes that included the
Velveeta Fudge. However, this one is close enough.

Anyone brave enough to try it and report back?

That sounds suspiciously like a Jeff Foxworthy bit:
"Honey? I think this milk has gone bad...here, *you* try it."

Lee

Old January 5th 04, 04:09 PM
Judy

wrote:

For those of you who haven't forgotten this part of the Christmas dinner
discussion........

My daughter had thrown out the collection of recipes that included the
Velveeta Fudge. However, this one is close enough.

Anyone brave enough to try it and report back?

That sounds suspiciously like a Jeff Foxworthy bit:
"Honey? I think this milk has gone bad...here, *you* try it."

Hey, the offer was made previously. Actually, there is one comment on this
page that indicates that if you don't think about it that it's not that bad.
And it appeared two years running in this Christmas newsletter.

I'm suspicious of any newfangled fudge anyway.

(Curmudgeon on)
Once they started making fudge with Marshmallow Fluff instead of cooking it
on the stove until it formed a ball when dropped in cold water, fudge became
something completely different than it was intended to be. Fudge should
have a little hard edge to it when cooled. A sort of crystal coating where
the air has reached it. It should not be creamy until it starts to melt in
your mouth.
(Curmudgeon off)

After Marshmallow Fluff, it was just a short slide downhill to using
Velveeta.

~~Judy

Old January 5th 04, 05:37 PM

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Judy wrote:

Hey, the offer was made previously.

yep, by me. i *will* make it, and i'll even get an impartial
taste testing panel, but it'll have to wait until the end of
the month, when we're having our big Capricorn Bash. thanks
for remembering! i'll let ya'll know what people think.

Fudge should have a little hard edge to it when cooled. A
sort of crystal coating where the air has reached it. It
should not be creamy until it starts to melt in your mouth.
(Curmudgeon off)

i tend to agree. i'm not a big fudge eater (one teeny tiny
piece sends me into a sugar coma), but the fluffy, melty stuff
turns to textureless goo.

After Marshmallow Fluff, it was just a short slide downhill
to using Velveeta.

i'm willing to bet that Velveeta fudge is edibler than
marshmallow fluff fudge. at least Velveeta has actual milk in
it. somewhere. besides, it has "you put *what* in it?!"
appeal.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette